Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How!

Options
  • 10-07-2004 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I grew up on the original HOW back in a faraway time and place but even now I'll happily watch the current
    version. Fred Dinenage is a cheesy legend of the small screen. Scary thing is he does'nt seem to have aged a day in nearly 40 years!

dineage3.JPG

how1.jpg

how2.jpg

sou.jpg

how2.jpg

fred.jpg

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Dancing duck

I always thought it was called 'How To'.

All they ever seemed to do was play with magnets and half-filled plastic bottles of water.
    Exhilaratingly educational none the less. Thanks for stirring up the memory juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

I've been trying to find an mp3 of the original theme tune for ages. It was also used on recent Creme Egg ads.

Anyone have a source for this gem? :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's now called How2

www.how2.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by mike65
    I grew up on the original HOW back in a faraway time and place but even now I'll happily watch the current
    version.

I'd forgotten that existed.

Another one of those programmes I watched while I should have been doing my homework :)

"I'll just watch this then I'll start my French essay"
    1/2 an hour later;
    "oh look it's "Man from Atlantis" might as well watch that" and so on until 11.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Originally posted by Dancing duck
    I always thought it was called 'How To'.

It was a play on words I think, the original was called 'How' and the newer version was 'How 2', as is Superman 2 etc but they called it 'How To' to be smart and fit in with the theme of the program :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Fred Dinenage , thought you said Fred Dibnah, he hasn't changed much in 40 years either from the first documentry (1979) where he was hottting his hooter while burning down chimneys .

http://www.vanl.freeserve.co.uk/gvlFred.html
    Mfred2.jpg

Advertisement