Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucky Charms

Options
  • 10-07-2004 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Nestle broke my heart the day they took them off the shelf.

Then, a couple of years ago, I noticed they were doing a similar (ok identical but for the marshmallow shapes) thing with a Pokemon cereal. I stocked up and thanked the Lord. A month later and they were going, never to return again.
    Now I wrote Nestle letters (in crayon) the first time round, and thought it was better to have loved and lost than to never to have loved at all. But after having my heart broken twice... well now I just don't know. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I think you can still get Lucky Charms in America.
    I'll know for certain on Monday!
    (off to Orlando...woo!!!).
    I should stock up while I'm there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Dancing duck

Yeah you can, and I do when I'm there, which is not often enough... apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

Ah lucky charms... What fond memories. Haven't had them in quite a while but come Thursday I can have as many as I like! I too am off to America woo hoo! Lucky charms (& New York) hear I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Nicest cereal ever, haven't eaten them in about a decade or so? :(

Must get someone from US or Canada to mail me a box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Lucky Charms were lovely!!! I used to eat all the marshmallow shapes first but I'd be left with the crappy wheaty things at the end so then I started eating those first so I'd be left with the marshmallows at the end which at that stage would have gone a little bit softer and much nicer then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by littleninja
    Lucky Charms were lovely!!! I used to eat all the marshmallow shapes first but I'd be left with the crappy wheaty things at the end so then I started eating those first so I'd be left with the marshmallows at the end which at that stage would have gone a little bit softer and much nicer then :)

I actually preferred the cereal pieces over the marshmallows :)

Hey, they had a nice taste that no cereal has matched since...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

the pokemon cereal is inferior to lucky charms, they frosted the cereal bits, and it just wasnt as nice, the marshmallows also wernt as soft and as big as the old lucky charms used to be.

Advertisement