Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Aircoach to offer Dublin-Portlaoise service

Options
  • 10-07-2004 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/business/2004/0709/Aircoach.html
    Aircoach to offer Dublin-Portlaoise service

July 09, 2004 15:56
    Aircoach has announced a new service from Dublin Airport to Portlaoise, which it says is the first in a series of new routes it plans to unveil in the coming weeks.

The company will use an additional four Setra coaches for the service, bringing its total fleet to 48.

The route will travel from Dublin Airport to Naas, Newbridge, Kildare, Monasterevin and Portlaoise. The travel time will be 90 minutes and the service will start each day from the airport at 6am with the last service at 7pm.

Aircoach says the new service will see the company employ an extra ten drivers, increasing staff levels at the company to 120.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I took an Aircoach for my first time when going to the ICTExpo in April (flew up from Kerry). I must say I was very impressed with the service!

Being able to hop on just across the road from arrivals and the buses leaving so frequently meant I was at my destination in no time at all. They're very comfortable coaches too and the video introductions for each stop are very helful for any non-Dubs.

-Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I was on Aircoach a few times and I like the way they dont cram all the seats physcially possible on to a bus like Bus Éireann. loads of leg room and width as well. brilliant service... i hope they start to serve the rest of Ireland soon !

competition rocks:D

(flyin from Kerry ? nice one! beats sitting in a car.)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Very good news!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Originally posted by thejollyrodger

(flyin from Kerry ? nice one! beats sitting in a car.)

Beats car, train, bus. Took me 1.5 hours flat to get from Kerry Airport to the RDS. And that was after the 'delay' caused by road works on O'Connell Street.

And it wasn't mad expensive either. In fact if you were to fact in time and stress saved it was essentially cheaper than other options.

PS. Agree about the legroom on Aircoach. And their website is to be commended too - a terrific service all around.

-Jim.
    http://eirepreneur.blogs.com

Advertisement