Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Day demo released

Options
  • 09-07-2004 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

The demo is out with one single player mission and one multiplayer map, its available from the D-Day website and is about 300MB, looks good, just kicking off a download now to see what its like.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Nog, looks like a 3-d Close Combat - Is it any relation?

One thing though- while checking the forums at that site, it appears that the demo installs some form of spyware that is not removed when you uninstall the demo. I'm reluctant to d/l it until I find a utility to kill this. Game looks pretty good though - how does it play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

not really, its an RTS that you can pause during play to give orders to your troops, but its the old RTS thing of stuff having X amount of damage rather than a proper strategy game with modelled armor and damage like CC where u either knockout, damage part of the tank or your shell bounces off the armor. Its still fun, but its more pointy and clicky that I like. Only games that bettered CC since they were out was the Combat Mission games, excellent stuff.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah heard about combat mission but haven't tried yet. Hear its brilliant. Oh for a Battle Isle 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

if u want hex warfare, grab Steel Panthers World at War, 450 odd meg of a free game. graphics are a bit dated but you can't beat the content, spent months playing this while recovering from the smash.

Advertisement