Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tmnt

Options
  • 08-07-2004 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

The teenage mutant ninja turtles comic was started a while ago. I manages to get the first 4 issues in a single book/comic type thing and haven't seen any comic since, can anyone tell me where to find one, or possibily more than one.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I know Other realms are carrying at least two different TMNT comics (or rather, I've seen issues of at least two different comics there - I don't know if they get the latest issues in every month or what have you), one being called TMNT and the other being Tales of the TMNT. I took a look at one of them, can't remember which, and was mildly disappointed, probably because I've out grown them.

Although I did have a rather cool idea a while back, about how someone could do a MAX-comics style "mature readers" reinvention of the TMNT and get a whole different spin on them....essentially focus on them being developed as amphibious killing machines, created by gene-splicing DNA from humans and turtles/terrapins. Splinter and Shredder would be involved in the research leading up to and culminating in the creation of the Turtles, and the main conflict would be between Shredder's desire for world domination and "right through might", and Splinter's far more liberal desire to mould them as warriors with a conscience.

Yes, it probably is quite sad that I spend some of my spare time thinking of ways to reinvent children's cartoons into more interesting. IF only I had the time to undertake them all as full projects myself....(I have one worked out for Tony Stark as well, to finally make Iron Man reach the full potential of the character).

Advertisement