Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sobering Thoughts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

scarey stuff, i'll bookmark that, want to see how he gets on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Did you notice the lab results he posted? The med seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah those results look excellent. Maybe when he stops eating all the crappy food he'll feel better. I'd be puking too if I ate nothing but bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, popsicles, ginger ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Scary stuff alright.

Still, dunno why this is in the LGB section, he doesn't mention his sexuality anywhere (or did I miss it?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Stark
    I'd be puking too if I ate nothing but bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, popsicles, ginger ale.

If you re-read the diary you'll see that those foods are meant to ease the nausea, and personally for him popsicles and ginger ale are what works.

Many of the AZT cocktail drugs were rushed through testing and FDA approval to get them out. Seems that they're just too tough for the body to cope with in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What? FDA approved a non-safe product? Never!!

Being slightly sarcastic there.

I wonder if he would have done as well on just the protease inhibitor.

Apparently there are strains of "super HIV" which means that if you're HIV positive and you're infected by someone who's HIV positive for longer than you then you can acquire their built up drug resistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Medulla

I knew a guy who had cancer, who was in a group i was involved with.

He died not soon after we formed, but his parents let us use his laptop because it was the only one we had access too. We were so grateful.

When we looked through the files we found a lot of essays on how to deal with cancer and a diary type log, he was keeping his own website which none of us knew about.

A few weeks later the laptop was stolen from a hotel we were staying at, and we had to do our presentation without it.

I felt really sorry for his parents.
    It was devestating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Why, why do you share something so depressing Medulla!?

Sorry, that's just really horrible...

Advertisement