Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scanlon in stage 2

• 05-07-2004 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

Mark Scanlon is currently part of a 6 man breakaway group. He took 2nd place in the first sprint of the day at the 53k mark, earning 4 points and a 4 second time bonus.
    14 H 22 - Lead Down To 4'05"
    After peaking at 5 minutes (at the 48km mark), the advantage of the six escapees is now down to 4'05". Credit Agricole and Quickstep are doing most of the work at the front of the peloton.

14 H 03 - Results Of Sprint In Mons
    The points at the intermediate sprint in Mons were won by:
    1. Christophe Edalaine (COF) 6pts/6"
    2. Mark Scanlon (A2R) 4pts/4"
    3. Jerome Pineau (BLB) 2pts/2"

14 H 02 - 1km To Sprint
    The leading six are less than 1,000m from the sprint in Mons. Mark Scanlon, the Irishman in the escape, is a renown sprinter and is likely to take the six points (and 6" time bonus) as first across the line.

http://www.letour.fr/2004/us/depeches.oft?service=RaceServer&RaceType=TDF&RaceYear=2004&StageNumber=200&Language=ANG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

He's still away with just over 60k to go.

Which at Tour speed is little over an hours racing, however there is virtually no chance of them staying away, but still a good ride which will give him confidence for the rest of the Tour.

He probably got a free reign after yesterdays good ride which saw the pressure taken off the team as they justified their inclusion with a stage win.

gap has been halved now with 25k to go. They'll be reeled in fairly quickly now unless there's another crash.

bunch has them in their sights now so its all over, but Mark can reflect on a good ride :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

He did pretty well, and got some points which is nice. I think he's up to 36th in GC... good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

What another great ride by Mark! Led out Nazon for the stage win. Moves up to 5th in the white jersey classification. AG2R have won each of the road stages (team).
    Great watching it live on Eurosport, thanks to my beloved getting Sky last Christmas.

On another topic, I went up the Devils' Glen climb yesterday, and I didn't find it too bad!

• Advertisement
Advertisement