Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

umm... are cartoons OT in this forum?

Options
  • 04-07-2004 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, myself and my friend Bif have a weblog up which we post our cartoons to... Bif writes them, I draw them.

this seems to be the closest forum for that kind of thing although it's not strictly in keeping with most of the material here...

Anyway the site is BifSniff Cartoons
    All feedback welcome. We hope from now on to put up a cartoon every friday.

Any pointers as to where we might look to publish cartoons like these, online or print, would be greatly appreciated. Any tips at all, places that might link to us etc...

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

They're cool. I really like the artwork - very atmospheric and the faces are very expressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Yeah posting the link here is fine :)

Nice site, will check it out during my regular web comic reading schedule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tylerdurden

thanks guys.
    I try to keep a dark streak running through the artwork even in the lighter cartoons to keep em interesting...
    any suggestions most welcome, we hope to grow them into something which might actually make us money eventually(!) so feedback of all kinds is useful...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

OMG! Gambler's back :)

Where you been man?

And yeah that's fine - it's generally along the same lines, and we encourage the creativeness :) Cause we get to see it first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I never really left :P

I check the forum once or twice a week but don't really have time to comment much these days. Work work work and all that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Err..

I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tylerdurden

Originally posted by Err..
    I like it :)

Great... because this is a new thing for us we really didn't know if we were only amusing ourselves doing these or if others would appreciate them too!

Thanks a lot!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

forgot to comment at the time - had a look the other day, and I like 'em. The humour's nice and odd (always a good thing, as Gary Larson proved) and the art works well.

Advertisement