Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Pugwash

Options
  • 03-07-2004 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

anyone remember this show,think there was a character on it called Master Bates hahaha.....and Seaman Stains......

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Captain Pugwash's ship was the Black Pig, and his crew were:

Master Mate (not Bates)
    Barnabas
    Willy
    Tom (and definitely not Roger, as is normally assumed) the Cabin Boy

None of the crew were called "Seaman Stains", or Seaman anything else, for that matter. Pugwash's arch-enemy was Cut Throat Jake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

ok ok so the brain aint what it used to be....hehe....i retract my thread.......hehe

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's a honest mistake. Victor Lewis Smith claims to have started the whole Master Bates/Seamen Staines thing in one of his various newspaper columns over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I have a captain pugwash video here, (it's my nephews),
    And the list of crew area as follows :
    captain Horatio Pugwash crew are:
    The Mate,
    Willy,
    Jonah
    Tom the cabin boy.

The bad boys were:
    Cut-throat jake (leader)
    Swine,
    Stinka,
    Dook.

It's Tom the cabin boy who saves the day and lets his dear Captain take the cedit. I don't really like captain pugwash, but my nephew seems to like it even compared to todays cartoons. Probably the simplicity of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

• Advertisement
Advertisement