Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 3rd - free comic book day!

Options
  • 03-07-2004 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

So, you should get a free comic book if you go to your local store!

More info here: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Was just at Other Realms (comic store in Cork) - they're postponing their free comic book day until the 10th of July(next Saturday) as they've recently relocated. Should be good though!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Didn't see any free comics in Forbidden Planet in dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by Draco
    Didn't see any free comics in Forbidden Planet in dublin today.

They probably would have laughed at you if you had asked them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

if they're involved, they should have big blue signs up all over the place proclaiming it. Other Realms staff even had Tshirts advertising it. Might be that forbidden city just don't want to be involved, or weren't allowed to be or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Nope forbidden planet were not involved this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

According to the site i linked to above, only Other Realms in Cork and THE 3RD PLACE in Dublin were/are doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Where/What is THE 3RD PLACE?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

<cue bad puns about Playstation 2 ads>

This page has some info about the place. Not that I know if it's reliable or anything, but what the hell.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

yeah that seems fairly accurate. They don't quiet have the range of the other two, but it's decent enough all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Much obliged Fysh, I shall have to pay them a visit on my next comic buying excursion

• Advertisement
Advertisement