Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonball Z

Options
  • 02-07-2004 4:37pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know its not really a comic question, but I have this figure in work, hes doing a fire ball like the way Ken and ryu did in the old computer game Street Fitgher One and Two. Anyway I always thought it was Ken, turns out its Goku from Dragonball Z, so i had a look and he has a move called KAIO-KEN, as there was a fireball move in street fighter called Ryu-Ken I was wondering if anyone knew there was a link, its a dodgy question, but someone might know,

http://www.dragonballz.com/index2.cfm?page=characters&type=g

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Don't think so, the original "power beam" move that Goku had in Dragon Ball was called the Kame Hame Ha (which he was taught by the old turtle looking dude who lived in Kame House, can't remember his name off hand).

That said, DBZ seemed fixated with people having lots and lots of impressive looking powers (as opposed to the original dragon ball's emphasis on the search for the dragon balls), and cataloguing them exhaustively. Which, frankly, got very boring very quickly.

Advertisement