Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The first(and only) thing u 'borrowed' as a kid...

Options
  • 02-07-2004 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭

At the risk of incriminating everyone, I'd like to know what was the first thing you 'borrowed' from a shop? EVERYONE has done it at least once.

I think mine was Pog metal slammer, with these cool spikes on it and some pogs. Oh and chalk from a different shop(gettin my lil sis a present for being nice he he he).

And of course a bar from a shop. But just one of those sh*tty onces, a disco bar or something cant remember (looks like a jobfor the aul sweets thread).

Anyway whats ur little 'borrowing' which was never returned?

Clear your conscience here..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

few bars and things. I used to take chipped games from a market stall he he, 2 wrongs make a right or something like that :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

teenage mutant ninja turtles watch from my classmate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I remember borrowing some packets of candy 'Hulk' cigarettes. Those things were so the dogs. And 'Tangy' bars. Mmm lovely. Oh and a home brew kit. Whats a 12 year old to do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Those 'Hulk' cigarettes were addictive, were tangy bars like Wham bars? ( with the space wrapping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

wham bars were yummy, always end up eating part of the wrapper though :) i "borrowed" one of the little 10p bags of sweets that were pre-bagged, little marshmallows and things in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

always end up eating part of the wrapper though
    Funny cos its true.

The first and last thing i "borrowed" was a shock absorber for a tennis racket, was afraid to go back into that shop for years afterwards.
    Also a shop in my town allowed you to count your own penny sweets if they were busy, one, two, ninety nine - all for the price of 10p. never felt guilty about that for some reason. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

we used to do the bars the whole time, let them drop on the ground then pick em up and into our pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

spose its stealing, I played all day in an arcade for free cos the coin box was broken and you could just lift your money out and play again for free :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Mine was a few of those big fizzy cola bottle sweets that were 5p each (these things were 10 times bigger than the little ones you would find in the 10p bags of course)

I probably took some of those prefilled 10p bags too... oh yeah and some of the count your own penny sweets.

Ah the joys of being young and having not yet developed a guity conscience :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

when the weather was hot, at lunch time in school everyone went to the shop to buy Mr. Freeze. Of course, the quicker ones didn't have to buy, they just borrowed them.

Actually, I must remember to bring them back the next time I go home.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mr Freeze and Slush Puppies for that matter, yes those were the days indeed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Pic N' Mix in the local Quinnsworth.
    Every saturday morning, me and a mate would go up on our bikes. Load up a bag full of sweets each, weigh them, wack the sticker on it, walk around the shop for a while, and then just walk out the front entrance.. Nothing to it.
    Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Dancing duck

I couldn't even steal a jelly belly when someone dared me.

There was however a girl in my class who stole everything from everyone including my pencil case that had a keyring with my name on it, and even still she denied it when the teacher asked her what was my name doing in her bag?
    Gob****e, and a thick one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

it all started with my uncle's sweet shop, see
    I was allowed to eat half the profits in that place
    and there was a sweet shop beside my grans
    and I'd walk in say hello to all behind the counter pick up a bar and strole out

de mother would settle my 'tab' at the end of the day
    no wonder I was never allowed into shops back home.....:o :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mousie

Clear nail varnish with pieces of gold confetti stuff in it. i was on a school tour in kerry and took it from a pound shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Does anyone remember Voltron?
    It was a Japanese cartoon from the 80s. Voltron was a robot made up of 5 robot-tigers.

Anyway, I went into my local toy shop and over a few weeks "borrowed" each tiger, until I had enough to build the big Voltron. I was the envy of the schoolyard for a good few weeks!

Advertisement