Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble with my JAD file

Options
  • 30-06-2004 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've registered with that site and uploaded my JAD file. I've got my JAR file sitting on some eircom free webspace.

I got in as far as downloading my JAD file and I get a "File Format Unknown" error. I tried (just for the sake of it) to download the JAR directly, but that didn't work either.

I wasn't really sure what to put in the JAD file, all I changed was the URL field to [the URL of the JAR file on the eircom webspace].

It's my first time doing any of this, so sorry if they're newbie mistakes I'm making! For the record, I'm using Wireless Toolkit 2.1 for compiling and building the packages, and a 3510i emulator for testing out the app.

Cheers,
    Seán

P.S. It's a really really simple bus timetable program I've written. Should save me a fair bit; the amount of times I've given Dublin Bus 30c to get a paltry THREE bus times! ;)

EDIT: I tried uploading BOTH JAD and JAR to mobilesheaven.com - When I point my phone at the JAD, it seems to find the JAR ok, but when I try to download it I get a "Page Not Found!" error...

If anyone can help and would like a version of this app for their own bus, let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Having trouble with my JAD file.

What exactly goes into it?

Can i just put my jar file on a webserver and then use that url to download it directly to my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

whats wrong there deathfunk is the mime settings on the site your keeping your jar file on.

to fix this forget about using mobileheaven, its handy but not handy enough goto this site and things should work easy enough because the .jad and .jar are both sitting here with the correct file format being used.

Also don't change around the URL or anything it will automatically link.

Let me know how you get on

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I uploaded a test one, but can't get it to the phone. Says permission denied. Does it need to be signed?

where'd ya upload it to hobbes?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Mobilebasic. But had no luck there. They mentioned they had a second site setup.

So I uploaded to the new site, and I could get it as far as permission denied.

What does MIDLet-URL have to be set to?

• Advertisement

Midlet URL is just set to

"MidletName.jar"

without the quotes, nothing has to be changed really. I currently don't have a fone here to test with but will hav later, i'll give it a try then

Farlz

Advertisement