Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arthur Millers: The price

Options
  • 01-07-2004 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Been meaning to post up about this but forgot about it.

Did anyone else see this on its run in the gate? i was at it on friday last and really enjoyed it. Definetly the best play i've ever seen (though that doesn't say a hell of a lot as i haven't seen many but still)

i've never read or heard of any of arthur millers stuff but a friend was interested so we headed along. While i thought the husband and wife pair where only ok (the wife is played by the mother from the family you know the one). The play itself was good once you looked past the dodgy american accents

i thought the performances by the brother Walter and the jewish furniture seller where great. i know load roaring doesn't constitute good acting but Walter scared the crap out of me at one stage.

i'd recommned it to anyone if it hadn't finished its run

data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Check out The Crucible Data, another Miller great. Other than that, I've only seen All My Sons (when some astonishingly Corkonian American Accents were overlooked and beat our Juno and the Paycock in Doonbeg - Grrr) and Death of a Salesman but Miller's always great entertainment.

Sorry i missed that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I thought that The Price was a bit drawn out in parts and hard to follow in some.
    The Walter guy was definitely the best, though the acting was superb by them all.

Advertisement