Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas - now that you have actually tried it?

Options
  • 30-06-2004 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Took a ride this afternoon (very crowded of course but leaving that aside...).

The one thing that surprised me was the relative lack of rails and uprights to hold onto. It is a bit jerky (teething problem?) but particulalrly shorter people will find it hard to find something to hang onto.

Air conditioning seemed very efficient.

Lots of opportunity to peer into peoples back gardens and dining rooms.

Charlemont Bridge gives nice views.

BTW you can get (free) souvenir tickets at the moment also. Put in your coins and select your fare and you'll get a ticket and all your money back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Just back from a quick ride to Sandyford as I figured that there would be masses of people coming back from the Green which there were, Very pleasant although mostly of back gardens. Met loads of people who like me had their buggies - definitely not something you want to do during rush hour. Just realsied that I forgot the soccer was on............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Hey, one of those back gardens is mine!

I have to say I was really impressed with it. It was a little noisy going around corners, but I assume that'll cease once the wheels have been broken in a bit.

And I'm quite pleased that they have made some stations be in two zones, so you end up paying the cheaper fare.

I still think using the route it takes to facilitate two QBCs would have been far more efficient, but it's sort of nice to have a light rail system so nearby.

And no more sitting in traffic in ranelagh anymore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Crossley

The one thing that surprised me was the relative lack of rails and uprights to hold onto

When hanging support straps were introduced on one of the DART sets some years back (like those in London Underground units) they had to be removed because the scumbags were using them to support themselves while they kicked the windows out. Of course in a civilised society the scumbags would be removed but not here ....

Advertisement