Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area's of FREE parking in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-06-2004 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I know of some areas that are free. One in particular is the area around Sean McDermott street which is right near Parnell, O'Connell, Amiens and Talbot street. Near the dodgy flats but i have never had a problem.

Anyway are there any others that people know? Especially on the south side.
    There is an area on the way to ringsend by the canal where there is a bus lane but its always full of cars and non ever have tickets nor do they get clamped. Also along the docklands there does not seem to be any clamoing going on.

was hoping for a nice website with the info like the irish fuel prices one but no such luck :D

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Down past the IFSC on the quayside has a lot of free parking but its a fair bit down
    so its a bit of a hike back to the IFSC and they are slowly bringing in parking fees
    down there as they develop their way along towards the point depot..

Apart from that, unless you are willing to park in residental areas and then jump on a bus into town, I think you're out of luck..

A lot of people park in the estate where I live and then walk the 50 yards to the
    bus stop which then brings them right into the city centre..

But I think the whole parking in residental areas will piss those living there off as
    most have limited parking space anyway and cars with their 2 inside wheels on the
    grass verge tend to get right up peoples noses as very soon there isnt much grass
    left but a rather large pothole..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well no im looking for more places like Sean McDermot street where its a city street that people park on for free. Thanks for the input. Maybe someone else has a nice little secret place? :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

nah no idea.. everywhere is haunted by those damn clampers.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

There's 3 spots (or 2 if a mong parks) on Upper Mount Street, at the Pepper Canister - but they're like Golddust. Other thing is that if you happen to be in the first spot, and just happen to go over the line - they'll clamp you - I've seen it done.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I noticed a few yesterday around by Temple Theatre! It also has pay and display but there are free areas too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement