Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sightings

Options
  • 27-06-2004 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

not sure if i'm crazy or not!since i was about eleven,i'm now 20,i've been expriencing some wierd stuff.its hard to explain but heres an example.i was in the car driving in the passenger seat when we approached a t-junction.i then saw a man with a yellow raincoat cycling a bike and coming towards us from the left,then a car passed him and he wasnt there.there is no way he turned in on another road cause there was none!

this happens quite frequently.three days ago as i was driving up to a friends housei was about to turn right but saw a couple about to cross the road where i was about to turn so i slowed down to let them cross,when i looked again they werent there and i looked a right eejit waiting for imaginary people to cross the road!!!!!

there is a history of paranormal stuff in my family,i.e. my grandmother has seen a few things and my mum has seen ghosts.not sure whether i'm seeing ghosts or manifestations of my own mind,any suggestions????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

feckin Ghost pedestrians think they own the road!! :D
    Maybe it is just some sort of psychotic issue.. Maybe they are ghosts of people killed in said roads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

.i was in the car driving in the passenger seat when we approached a t-junction

That's a feat in itself!

Perhaps you see dead people! You may have some psychic ability, and it may run in your bloodline. For wahtever reason, it seems to follow a female bloodline more strongly than the males.

People are often seen at the scenes of their death. And on the road, people die all the time.

Also perhaps look at the scientific side. You traveled further than you thought. For instance 4 years or so ago I ws following a cycle race as a medic in my car and I was stuck behind a tractor for miles. Then, suddendly, it wan't there. Neither I nor my passenger, another medic, saw it turn off or remmber overtaking it. Its just we got so used to the road that we didn;t notice it gone. Memory wiping the boring things i things.

If you think you May be psychic, join a PRAI investigation. Always fun and you may see somethgin we dont!

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

"I looked a right eejit waiting for imaginary people to cross the road!!!!!"

I know the feeling. hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yeah well thought out Ian.. That sounds about right!
    Hypnosis.. im not talking Paul McKenna here but people are in a hypnotic state all the time and the most common place is when driving :D When you dont notice the time go by or suddenly realise you are a lot further than you thought... you are hypnotised and lost in your own world.. thing is this does NOT impair your driving!! It probably helps it as you are not being distracted by anything else. If something happens then you will react as fast if not faster than normal.
    Thats probably what is happening.

Try this..
    close your eyes and relax.. say either out loud or in your mind... "my right arm is getting lighter" Its floating etc etc.. stuff like this over and over but DONT move your arm.. Just do this and see if it starts to get lighter and then lift.. once its an inch off the ground its a lot easier, the initial lift is hardest. You will notice you are NOT moving your arm and its numb!! If you then think about moving it you will get feeling back and it will be normal.. anyway point of this exercise is if you can do it.. then you are someone who like me can go into this hypnotic state very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bunnicans

its not a hypnotic thing,when i saw the guy at the t-junction we werent moving and it was literally a split second between seeing him and then not seeing him!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

It has being theorised by many, that psychic tendencies to a considerable degree are influenced by genetics, and those in one’s family lines are innately predisposed to this ability, through out the course of history when these gifts have presented themselves it has being more noticeable in the female gender, the reasons behind this like all things psychic are rooted in mystery.

(Although I personally waver more to words the balance of genetic and up bringing as perception and out look are heavily moulded by the individuals environment)

Many believe that the abilities come strongest to those more in tune with the natural world, as they are aware of the cycles of nature and the ebb and flow of the forces within it, in relation to gender the female sex naturally fall deeper in this category as for lack of a deeper description there biological workings highly reflect the cycles of a outer world.

This is not to say that the male gender dose not posses this insight, but only that in relation to gender it is considerably less evident in the male counterpart (although when it does appear, it has a strong tendency to be more adapt and lucid) but coming from a psychic male this is sadly not always the case…. If only!

Mentally we have a tendency to associate certain roads with accidents (the N17 is such a road for me) and when in a relaxed or suggestible alpha state we can either become more susceptible to the energies around us or summon up a psychological archetype from the depths of our subconscious to give it form.

I agree with Ian and saruman as either way it may or may not be, but the most important things is what you yourself consider and recognise the strength and weaknesses of all the arguments and propositions out there and come to your own understanding of the issues at hand.

I like the self-hypnotism technique, and although it hasn’t worked on myself as of yet I would honestly regard myself as highly suggestible.

(It is also intriguing to consider that with altered states of consciousness come altered states of perception)

Thanks again for reading

Satori

Mabey you ran them over ?

I dont think they are ghosts you are seeing but mabey you might be having a few other problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bunnicans

thank u for your contribution dre.i didnt run over anyone thank you

Advertisement