Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new m50 speed limit?

Options
  • 24-06-2004 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

havnt been on boards.ie as of late... infact i havnt been in tap with reality :p

Just wondering is what i hear about the m50 true? New speed limit?

Whens it coming in? Whats it gonna be?

70mph is pants, 100 is whats needed imo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's only going to be altered slightly for metrication purposes.
    70mph == 112km/h
    But most speedos are only graded every 5 units, so they're going to round it to 115km/h (or maybe 120, but I don't think so). It's a small increase, and most limits will change similarly (except for 30 and 40mph, they're going to be rounded down to 45 and 60 km/h afaik).

Someone here will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It will be 120km/h (about 75mph) on motorways

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

wooohoooo a whole 5mph :rolleyes:

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

The M50 is a car park anyhow so you cant really go fast on it anyhow:D

Advertisement