Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbs possible explanation

Options
  • 23-06-2004 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Ignoring sceptics posts i promised to do some scientific research into Orbs. I tried re-creating them using the most plausible explanation i can think of, dust particles in the air. Here are the results
    Normal Picture
    After spreading dust

I took a load of old dusters and shook them before i took the photo. The gap between both pics is about 10 seconds.

This proves some if not all orb pics are dust reflected off the flash. I do not discount all pics though and some are more likely to be real. This is just another explanation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

good stuff.
    i find that kind of funny, have a friend who had a pic taken in her house with bucket loads of orbs, now I know she just doesnt use mr sheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hey could still be paranormal!!! the real test is to get them WITHOUT a flash!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

You go guy!!!

hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Seems lots of paranormal groups agree with the dust theory!
    http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/dec01/bright.html
    http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/p03orb6.htm

So in future maybe we should be more wary of Digital camera pics taken with a flash! If we can lets take pics WITHOUT a flash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'll keep this in mind for next time, thanks man :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

did you know.....that 90% of dust particles is made up of dead skin cells?
    so in a way..orbs are a little bit like dead people parts floating around.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

lol, very good :D

Dond forget Flys and spiders give the same effect. Photos of Orbs hold no evidence in my book. But on Video camera when you see a real Orb pulsating and revolving. Even at that its a light phenomenom and there is no evidence to link it to ghosts.

Advertisement