Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streets of San Francisco

Options
  • 23-06-2004 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

with Michael Douglas and some other guy i cant remember :) "A Quentin Martin production" hehe or something like that the voice over guy says

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

holy ****! i was thinking about this show the other day:D
    it had epilogues iirc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

it did indeed have epilogues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

think i'll download myself a few episodes once i get broadband:p
    man i loved that cheesy voiceover

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was that the show that had writing on the screen saying "Act II, Act III, etc" after adverts?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Wasn't that "The Fugitive"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

streets had that too... great show, even if I was too young to fully understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The coolest cop show of the 70s! :D

streetsofsanfran1qm.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i used to refer to him as the guy with the big nose hehe, classic show though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It did have acts and the music was funkeh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

i used to refer to him as the guy with the big nose
    his name is karl malden, and he did have a huge nose. was police squad (subsequently naked gun) a p1sstake of shows like this?

• Advertisement

I think Marlden spent time as a boxer in his youth.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by mike65
    I think Marlden spent time as a boxer in his youth.

Mike.
    Football in high school apparently. Went straight into acting after and got noticed by Eli Kazan.

I always liked Malden as the cheeky pickpocket in Hotel, though there are better roles to choose from - the Kazan-directed On The Waterfront and A Streetcar Named Desire to pick two. or even The Gunfighter with Gregory Peck, one of my old favourites as it cost half-nothing and wasn't half-bad.

I always liked Streets of San Francisco as a kid (probably the first re-run). It wasn't quite the same after Michael Douglas was replaced by Apollo out of Battlestar Galactica though.

Malden's likely to be one of the next reasonably big actors to die of natural causes so get that long sought-after autograph while he's still moving.

Originally posted by sceptre
    Football in high school apparently. Went straight into acting after and got noticed by Eli Kazan.

Corrected

I always liked Streets of San Francisco as a kid (probably the first re-run). It wasn't quite the same after Michael Douglas was replaced by Apollo out of Battlestar Galactica though.

Indeed they should have hit the cancel button once Douglas moved into movies.

Mike.

Indeed they should have hit the cancel button once Douglas moved into movies.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

Just about all the Quinn Martins were done that way with a voice-over on the opening titles: Add to the list Cannon and The Invaders.

I'm sure that Police Squad had this very much in mind, with the narrator always giving out a different title to the one that appeared on the screen.... :)

Oh, and for anyone unfamiliar with U.S. TV presentation, the epilog would have been the final short segment after the last commercial break. Most shows of the time had this, even though it might not have been flagged on-screen as such.

Advertisement