Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good places for vinyl

• 22-06-2004 5:00pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good place in the Dublin area for vinyl... I know a few places like Sound Cellar sell vinyl, but they dont have a great selection..its mainly just newish stuff

I'm looking for a place that has collectables, older copies of hard to get stuff, rareties etc. I think there's a place in Georges Arcade, but I cant remember if it was any good!
    I am also looking for newer stuff, not just rareties, so if there was a place which was just a general record store, that would be great!

Thanks,

Flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Time Man

Theres final vinyl on camden street and the one in georges arcade. For the really good sh1t though you need to get out of ireland and go to London or New York.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

nice one, never even heard of that place... must check it some time!

As for going abroad, your probably right... maybe when I'm rich and can afford it!

Flogen

When I was in New York I picked up loads of amazing albums on Vinyl at amazing prices. The stores here tend to have crap records at dear prices. London tends to be dear due to due to the exchange rate. But years ago I got a few of the David Axelrod reissues for GB£8 when they wanted me to pay IR£26 for them here. Then a DJ dude I happened to do a favour for who had originals kept his eye out and got me three original pressings. Mmmmmmm

well I'm quite interested in Pearl Jam stuff, they're the band that sparked my interest in vinyl, and they have plenty of collectables...

I only just bagged me a copy of the 4LP Benaroya hall show (its only just out), there are 2,000 copies of it, and its supposed to be a great show.
    Anyway, I am slowly getting all their albums, which are easy enough to get, but the singles and special editions are another thing.

Im sure once I've gotten all I want from PJ, i will move on to another band...:D
    If I am in the states or london, i will certainly dedicate a day or two to scouring vinyl shops for bargains!

Flogen

If you're just after PJ for now why not try Ebay?

• Advertisement

I have been looking around, and there is some cool stuff there, although at the moment, I cant really touch any of it! (im broke, and i couldnt really afford the benaroya lp's i got, but couldnt miss the chance!)

Just wanted to get a good list of places in Dublin to visit too, so i wouldnt just be relying on the net...

flogen

Advertisement