Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Solstice/Litha

Options
  • 21-06-2004 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

This is the time of year where the creative powers of the Goddess and God are at their peak, but from this day on the God will weaken as the days grow shorter.

brightest Blessings and Happy Summer Solstice/Litha everyone!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

Brightest of blessings, truest love and bright light, to comfort and guide, through days and dark night...

(Wasnt intended to rhyme)

I hope you enjoyed your day?

I had many things planned but with a sudden change of action that im getting quiet accustomed to in my life I settled for a long walk through the local nature reserve where i gathered some wild herbs (obtained permission first. hehehe) and just took the time to be.

Then when I returned home I planted a Elder tree in the back yard in honour of the day...

I am at the moment getting ready for tomorows Midsummer celebrations and the rites of passage that traditional a company it.

Satori

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

That sounds like a wonderful day indeed.

I didn't do anything like that unfortuantely as I didn't have much time, but with the time I had left I did a little ritual in honour of the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I painted my bathroom :)
    stayed awake last night and painted the living room :)
    and now I am rewarding myself with a coffee while watching sweden play denmark.(while surfing..me multitasker)

ahhh..happy summer solstice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

rather you than me, I HATE painting...

So are you watching the Euros?, cool!. I have a bet riding on France winning...they better win!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

:dunno:

• Advertisement
Advertisement