Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville 2 report: It's YOUR turn

Options
  • 21-06-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

So far you've read the Draft 1 of the Charleville 2 report. Now Its your turn. If people that were out with the PRAI team would like to write a report for us. This will give us a clearer image of what you felt, seen and what your thought of the experience.

Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

Ian, thats a really good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by malico
    So far you've read the Draft 1 of the Charleville 2 report. Now Its your turn. If people that were out with the PRAI team would like to write a report for us. This will give us a clearer image of what you felt, seen and what your thought of the experience.

Ian

I'll get starting that tomorrow... I'm currently resting to recharge my energy :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

That sounds like a great idea...I will start on tonight...It probably won;t be finished until the end of the week because I will be busy with work and other commitments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OK here goes with the basic report.
    After arriving at at the train station i waited for the others with Hilary. When you all arrived i started giving lifts to the castle.
    We did the tour and Ian brough is around the castle etc. When we went to the Dungeon i noticed the spiders first.. WOW amazing looking things. Never seen the like in Ireland. The Dungeon itself was dark and damp but thats it.. nothing in it, its too fake.

When Ian took us to the Livery we found the door jammed shut. Not locked just jammed. Maybe some thought this was paranormal. I tried using a piece of damp wood to lever but no good so i went off to where i saw a metal pole and levered it upen. Inside was cool, i knew if anywere here would be where we found something.

We went past the livery to a little enclosure and this were where finny announced there was a black which after us, though he had mentioned something about it on the radio before.

after the work which was fun and exhausting and after we had eaten our fill.. we got to work as it was starting to get dark. While the generator was still on we got some good pics etc.. but it was not till it was turned off that it was very effective.

While in the Livery with everyone else finny was stopped in a door with his crystal spinnging rapidly saying dont go into that room (the one with the drop. Me being me jumped inside and took video. Hilary started to folow me in also taking video. We were recording each other. She falls of course she i capture her falling and she gets herrself in 1st person falling.. it was very funny. I guess Finny was right, very dangerous room :D
    A few mins later we were all in one room and Ian did experiments with pics and we got some good orbs.
    I then left and went into the corner stables by myself. As soon as i entered the Door i saw a Ghostly figure, larger than a cat but not as big as a dog like Marklar. It moved from the corner to the wall beside me, there was no sound and it dissapeared. My heart was racing. I shined the torch everywhere to see if anything reflected and would re-create it.. nothing.. i called the others in.

Another time in the Dungeon, I heard Finny in the radio announce he was on his way.. i waited.. as he and Andy got close i ran out screahing!! He nearly jumped his skin :D It was so funny. We debated locking him in the Dungeon.. but we thought better of it.. never know what might happen :mad:

Up in the stairwell they left a teddy for Harriot. We went back later and it had moved. Finny and andy were convinced this was proof. They went on a little i stayed using video, Marklar wen over to Teddy and moved it.. i said "i should point out the Dog has just moved the Teddy". :D

In the druids glen aka Knacker drinking hide out, we had fun. there were paranormal sounds and smells coming from my ass. Upstairs in the house they came from Dereks. Andy was very interested in the paranormal activity from Dereks Ass :D:D

Right well there is a lot more that happened during the night but this is all i can be arsed putting down.

By the way the videos myself and Hilary took, excellent. Im thinking of calling mine "Chronicals of Finton-A modern day Van Helsing!" :D Its all about him it seems and its very funny to watch.. combined with Hilary's video which is mostly her getting me video Finny, its another perspective :D Though she gets some stuff i did not get to video since i was taking pics. Nothing of note on the video's but they are worth a watch.
    Maybe we could all meet up again some time and exchange video and pics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Originally posted by Saruman
    In the druids glen aka Knacker drinking hide out, we had fun. there were paranormal sounds and smells coming from my ass.

:D Rofl :D

Might have time to do my report tonight.

• Advertisement

"knacker"

Am... I hope this isnt a reference to what i think it may be...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

My report.

Got ready and went to the train station at twelve. Waited outside until someone came over to me. Introduced myself to everyone. Expectations of ignorance incorrect. Walked up to the gates with Finney, Andrew, Ro, and Donal. Did the work, yapped, got food, did more work, prepared equipment, scabbed Ians other camera and took a tour. Seen some crazy spiders in dungeons, Took a picture of an "orb" beside Donal.

After a while we split up into two groups. One to the Dungeons and one to the Library. I think by this time i had scabbed new batteries off Ian as the camera had been powering off. His group were in the library. Mantel i think was just about finishing the washing and drying he did, kudos to him for that. Radios started going mad with scattered communication. I could hardly make out what anyone was saying through them for a while. Donal heard knocking coming from the (steel not wooden) inside of the door of the servants quarters, beside the toilets while he was right beside it. I had a cigarette with him and heard a loud thump over us which i figured could be the stairs. During this time i think everyone was in the stables freaking out :D . Would have loved to have been there.

(Sorry if my timeline is incorrect, my memory is crap). Spent time comprehending the fact that i have not seen sufficient evidence to suggest an obvious presence other than "orbs" which i remain skeptical of, but have not ruled out. See i wanted to be holding a camera right in front of the face of something unusual screaming insanely at me. That type of evidence. Which is why i want to get and host this "footage of Harriet" to show all the true skeptics Ha Ha! Although slightly dissapointed i was having a good night. It sucked that Anna or Sam didn't come along. But they went into town to play the gamecube and get drunk. I heard footsteps in the music room and seen a thin light flicker downwards out of the corner of my eye, but the light was probably Finney's or Andrews torch outside. Id rather be teased visually by spirits other than sound.

When the generator went i thought id be a wuss but i wanted to see something. When Donal and i went to the library after Ians group were gone, and the door was jammed shut. I'd hate to be inside when that sort of phemonena occurs. So that was freaky. At one stage last summer i thought that sort of thing only happened in the Red Room. I remember being locked in there with a group, no one freaking out or anything. Strange thing was there was no sound of lock and key and eventually someone opened it normally from the outside.

But anyways, back to Saturday. I strived to take pictures of random dark places all night, wanting to catch something more than orbs, but most of the time the camera switched on, told me it had two bars of power left and switched itself off. Eventually i got angry with it and left it in my pocket. I recall taking a picture looking up "Harriets staircase" and there was a massive "orb" right at the top. Dont know if i deleted that by mistake or Ian did. We looked over on a few of the pics. Walked around for the last few hours, got kinda tired and went asleep. Thats as much as i can remember so thats more or less my report. I enjoyed that night a lot and thank you all again. Ian, theres a radio in the castle belonging to you that you gave to Bonnie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

sounds like a good time was had by all. Well done to all, have to say I don't think I would have had the guts for it. Look forward to more reports.
    "knacker"

Am... I hope this isnt a reference to what i think it may be...
    nah....just refers to drinking flagons and cans outside (in a field or wherever your not going to get nabbed). think we all have done at some stage in our youth.

*relieved*

hehehe

Advertisement