Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Orbs" a load of rubbish?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yes i figured that a lot of them were reflected light yes. I saw that site earlier today, the second one that is.

However im not sure, maybe some of them are real! The real test is to get orbs in a photo where no flash is used. To be on safe side cover the flash over or close it down if you can. Or simply turn it off with the switch. If you still get an orb then its not reflected light.

I did not have time at the weekend as i used mostly the digital camera but i was going to set up my SLR on long exposure on a tripod but i did not think of it on the night.

Orbs aside i did see something. I walked into the abandoned Livery into one of the stables a skeptic.. i came out thinking maybe there is something to all this paranormal stuff.

When it comes to Orbs i am no way near impressed by photos of them as they can easily be created.
    However what is impressive about orbs are the ones caught on video camera and you can see movment in them. I have have seen some great ones very bright with thought going into their movment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Orbs aside i did see something. I walked into the abandoned Livery into one of the stables a skeptic.. i came out thinking maybe there is something to all this paranormal stuff.
    funny.
    want to tell us more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Didn't the pictures on our site prove anything? O_o

I think I may have gotten an orb without a flash, not sure though....

Originally posted by keu
    funny.
    want to tell us more?
    Will do. im going to write a little report when i get the chance so you can read it then.

Oh yes i plan to use science to to investigate these orbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It is dust on the camera lens. That is all.

I can reproduce this often with the wifes digital camera.

Take two shots at different angles and the orbs appear in the exact same place on the photo. Then give the lens a wipe, hey presto either no orbs or they moved.

it is like the Rods. That is total bunk too.

Originally posted by Hobbes
    It is dust on the camera lens. That is all.

I can reproduce this often with the wifes digital camera.

Take two shots at different angles and the orbs appear in the exact same place on the photo. Then give the lens a wipe, hey presto either no orbs or they moved.

it is like the Rods. That is total bunk too.
    Ah well no sorry Hobbes that is most certainly not the case. Dust in the air being reflected by the flash maybe... NOT on the lense. Why? Because they dont appear in every pic, mostly they dont at all. Myself an Ian on the hunt used 2 cameras, we took the same picture side by side at the same time and we got orbs in the same place! So this is cerainly not dust on the lense. For the same reason taking the same shot a few seconds apart produces different results. The orbs MOVE and are not always even there.

Take a look at the pics, our orbs have structure, the ones i took almost looked like cells under a microscope in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Why do I get the feeling the the skeptics are congregating on this board? :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

thread locked until such time as i can be bothered moving it to skeptics.
    Sheron read the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement