Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Work Colleagues

Options
  • 20-06-2004 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Word up.

I love the phrase hell is other people because it's so true.

In work the other day I brought my cup of tea near my PC. We're not supposed to do this as my manager thinks it's too dangerous to have liquids near PC's. Obviously this is silly.

My manager wasn't in that day so I had a cup of tea near my PC.

The following day my manager calls me into her office to "give out to me" because I'd had tea near my PC. One of my work colleagues had told my manager what a naughty boy I was.

Now, yes I know I broke a company rule, but don't you hate rats? People who feel they need to tell on people? Sad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

especially ones called rymus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Try getting pictures of your bosses wife and put them into the rats drawer and devise a plan so your boss will find them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by Johnny Versace

In work the other day I brought my cup of tea near my PC. We're not supposed to do this as my manager thinks it's too dangerous to have liquids near PC's. Obviously this is silly.

Your colleague was a bit childish there. Sounds a bit like being back in secondary school.

However at work I have witnessed the effects of

1) Cup of hot tea spilled into keyboard

2) Cup of lentil soup spilled over laptop

in both cases leading to a non-operational hardware scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by lisa.c
    especially ones called rymus

I wonder if lisa.c gets the irony in that post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

no but im sure you will explain

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

there's one where i work too. he's an idiotic little nerd who fancies the boss (who's married). not to mention the fact that he told her i did a legger one day an hour early when she wasn't in!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At least you know now who not to trust.

Unless the company is particularly small, or has no real IT team, then a "no liquids near the computer" rule is a bit stupid. Replacement keyboards cost next to nothing. If people are using laptops, it's understandable, but overall it smacks of "You people are children, and we must lay down and enforce nanny rules so you don't have to take responsibility for your own accidents."

If I owned a company, and someone destroyed a laptop by spilling coffee on it, I'd dock it from their wages (over the year, obviously).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

it could save your life one day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Find the rat and let every one at work know what an ass kisser he is, lets see how many ppl want to know them then. We had a few ppl like that where I work and after a few months of ppl not wanting to know them they got the message and ether left the company or got a transfer to another shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,584 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I worked with a few rats for a few years.
    I was their supervisor and I was a very decent guy.
    Never had a problem with lots of other people.
    They concocted a barrage of lies and I was suspended from work over 8 months ago.
    I am still off on full pay .
    Never trust any colleague as it is my experience that people are ridiculously petty and jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

still probably not as bad as your last job, huh johnny??

telling tales is the only bit of excitement i get!!!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

where do you work Johnny Versace? sounds like great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Now, yes I know I broke a company rule, but don't you hate rats? People who feel they need to tell on people? Sad.

I don't know you but maybe the people you work with are trying to get rid of you?

Do you often find thumbtacks on your seat and such like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah, I hate rats as much as the next person, but rules are rules, and they're there for a reason! Last week one of our users spilt a cup of coffee inside her desktop computer through the air vents on the sides. I couldn't believe this. All users' desktops are kept on the floor, under their desks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by ballooba
    I don't know you but maybe the people you work with are trying to get rid of you?

Do you often find thumbtacks on your seat and such like

Or your stapler in jelly?

Advertisement