Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 quick questions

Options
  • 17-06-2004 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have yet to receive the log book for the car I bought about a month ago , I'm fairly certain our neighbour sent off the documents, so I was wondering where do I start chasing these docs, is there a particular dept for this or is it like the motor tax office ??

Also , I trawled a few of the scrapyards around north Dublin looking for headrests for the back seat of my civic , absolutley no joy , there were loads of banged up civics but none had the back seat headrests , then I hear that they are only on Japanese imports !!! , is this true or does anyone know where I can get these elusive headrests ,

oh the car is a 95 Civic lsi 3 door automatic (apparently the sizes vary a bit)

Thanks in advance

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Haven't seen a log book for a long time.

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/change_of_ownership.html?search=Log+book

You don't require a log book if your vehicle was registered after 01/01/93, and I think they stopped issuing them.

All you need know to get taxed/proof of ownership/etc is the yellow vehicle licencing certificate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fendervendor

I recently bought a used car and received a new 'combined' Registration and Licencing cert' (an RF101 i believe), about A4 size, folded.

Change of ownership details have to be sent to:
    Dept' of environment, heritage and local gov't, Shannon, co Clare. You could give them a call i s'pose.

fendervendor.

Oh, RE those headrests, Japarts, Enfield, may be worth a try. they had some parts for my 91 Civic 'Ferio'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

thanks all , got my logbook sorted and got the headrests for 30bucks

champion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Scrapyard in killcock would have a set of headrests. Its like a civic graveyard out there. You wont find an ignition barrel though.

Advertisement