Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back of neck peircing

Options
  • 17-06-2004 12:07am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

howya,
    Just thinking about getting my neck pierced, and I'm wondering what it is called?
    now I have thought about getting a prince albert done a good efew times, i have my nipple and tounge done. but I would like to get the back of the neck done, see how that feels before i go get the prince albert done,
    wondering what people think of the piercing..? easy to heal?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

its called the nape of the neck,
    i have it done , its sore to get peirced, imo the sorest iv ever gotten,.
    it oozes alot even a few weeks after u get it done, but its grand,
    my fave piercing atm

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mate of mine has it done and it's cool - he's had it for ages and he's a chef working in a hot kitchen etc, so it's obviously a pretty solid piercing.

He said it did hurt a bit and was slobbery at first, but once it all healed up, it was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I have my nape a year now, wasn't very painful at all, less so than my ear lobes which were probably the sorest of any piercing I have, heh. Mine never generated much gunk either. Lucky me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I am thinkin about that too after talking to a piercer who said it can take up to 8 months to heal but they very rarely grow out im gonna get it done during the summer he never said wether it was sore to get done
    Pete

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Might try and get it done next week.. what the price range of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Think he said around €70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

i have been tinking bout gettin this done as my first piercing, but is it ment to be very bad wen it grows out?
    what is the prince albert? sorry for my ignorance

Originally posted by chrismon
    i have been tinking bout gettin this done as my first piercing, but is it ment to be very bad wen it grows out?

It's not like it'll grow out very quickly, you'll notice it starting to grow out and then you go to a piercer and he/she can remove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

Originally posted by chrismon

A prince albert is a penis piercing, it goes through the urethra (the hole) and out the underside where the helmet meets. Of all the piercings I've had done, it was the least painful. Can't have sex for a couple of weeks though, but when it heals it looks great. Kind of like an ornament for your X-mas tree.

Oh yeah, it dribbles when you pee, too. It's cleanest if you sit until you get the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Nape was one of my less sorer piercings I wouldnt even compare it to a male nipple piercing because that was way way worse.

I was having sex with my prince albert after 4 days not too hard though it may rip and it healed quite nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Hell_en_earth

I think that the nape of the neck looks deadly!! I know loads of ppl with it, some in the shape of a cross and some with a horizontal both look great. I don't think they had much trouble with them!! But it does depend from person to person!!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I had the nape of the neck done,

took it out about a 18 months ago and it still and always will look like I got bitten by a snake , so don't bother , seriously,

looking back I wish it never happened , although admitedly it looked great at the time, didn;t slobber at all really (lucky me) when I got it done.

Also be prepared for loads of instances where your standing at the bar waiting to get served and someone behind you goes "eeuuwwwwwww , look at that" , and then loads of people look at you like you've got a second head ,not the buzz

reconsider I reckon , it's a bad place to have a scar , but it doesn;t hurt much at all getting it done .

Hope this helps

Fionn

I can't see mine leaving a scar when the time comes to take it out, it's only 14g, it'll be hardly noticable I reckon. Had yours started to migrate?

Does anyone have any implants? I was thinking about getting a ring implanted in my nape, but don't know about any hazards (migration, spinal contact, things like that).

Btw, I am MAN, wasn't the sex a little painful? I waited a week and it was still pretty tender. And yeah, nipples hurt soooo bad! I'll never do that again.

Originally posted by yami308
    Does anyone have any implants? I was thinking about getting a ring implanted in my nape, but don't know about any hazards (migration, spinal contact, things like that).

How big is the ring? Your spinal cord is protected by the bones of your spine, no worries about that, and no piercer is going to go that deep...I hope!

I reckon it'd be a SERIOUSLY difficult job. Took my piercer ages to do my nape because the skin was particularly tight on my neck and he couldn't get enough in his hand. Go speak to the lads in Snakebite, they'll be able to advise :)

Originally posted by eth0_
    How big is the ring? Your spinal cord is protected by the bones of your spine, no worries about that, and no piercer is going to go that deep...I hope!

I reckon it'd be a SERIOUSLY difficult job. Took my piercer ages to do my nape because the skin was particularly tight on my neck and he couldn't get enough in his hand. Go speak to the lads in Snakebite, they'll be able to advise :)

I was thinking about a size between 12 & 6g, most likely an 8g. Because of the size I was wondering about migration. If they put it too deep, worries about the spine. If they didn't put it deep enough, would it migrate? I know about the spinal column, I just don't want a ring rubbing my vertebrae. I figure that would hurt more than fire
    Also, what's Snakebite? I'm assuming it's a piercing studio, but it's new to me. I'm from U.S. after all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Snakebit is a piercing place, its on abbey street beside traffic and spirit..
    Just a question about the prince albert, whats it like getting done if one is not circuisimed?
    I'm not circuimised.. but it does be quite thight if I try to pull the foreskin right back over the bellend when on a horn.. and it does quite too tight for my likings.. so I'm wondering what way would the ring exit through my foreskin.. or would the piercer pull it back so it kinda misses it..

Thanks about Snakebite.
    And I have no clue about the non-circumcision thing. I would assume that they'd pull the foreskin back and pierce thru the head, but I just don't know. I think it would come out in the same place as a circumcised one, but I guess it depends on how far back you can pull it whether or not it would come out thru the foreskin. But you could get a foreskin piercing. It looks quite similar to a P.A., but only goes thru the skin that covers the head. I think it looks like it's closing the foreskin over the penis, and I don't know what happens when you get an erection.

Yea, if they pulled it right back, which would be no probs when on a horn.
    but when yea go on a horn pulling the foreskin back right over the bellend does to be too tight to be confortable...

• Advertisement

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "on a horn"? Sex, self love, or what? Those are my guesses using that context.

erection lol

I guess I was thinking too hard about it. :o *no pun intended* Thanks, now I have a new term to use.

Got this done last week,
    it wasn't sore at all getting it done. though yesterday and today it does seem to be giving a little bit of sore action when i move my neck quick, and tighten my mussles, but guess ill just give it time..

Does this piercing grow out easily?
    As a little bit of the piercing bar can been seen at both ends than it was when it was done.. just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

surface piercings tend to migrate easier than any other piercing, but it should take a good while, mine has migrated a tad bit but still nothing to worry about its a 21mil bar i have it in the end so its grand,

What do you mean by mirgrate? I dont quite understand it.. the bar I have is about an inch and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

grow out basically. the skin is constantly growing and moving. some piercings dont settle in the skin and can be forced out over a period of time by the growing skin. i got my nape done in may and i haven't notice any movement. i was told that generally if the piercing is going to migrate i would have seen movement by now, so here's hoping it'll last :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mvdffy

i got this done the day before yesterday. it hurt a bit when the needle went through as expected but once that was done i could hardly feel it. i've been cleaning it 3 times so hopefully it won't get rejected. it cost me €50 which it seemed to cost everywhere and i LOVE it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yay for 5 year old threads being re-opened :)

Advertisement