Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bbq sauces.

Options
  • 13-06-2004 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

What's yer favourite bbq sauces?
    HP Bbq sauce is possibly the bestest sh1t ever.

And then that relish you get in lidl- oh my god it's the bizniss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've only ever tried the HP stuff and I think a Heinz one. (do Heinz do one?)

I'm not a big fan of BBQ sauces, I guess I don't eat BBQesque food enough to have developed a liking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Domino's BBQ sauce is the bestest, they're honey and mustard is good too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

That stuff in the dinner style jar in tescos real cheap it the biz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by Fabritzo
    Domino's BBQ sauce is the bestest, they're honey and mustard is good too.
    Wellidy wellidy wellidy. Look whose terrible job comes in handy. Domino's bbq sauce is provided in bulk by a company called 'House of Lords'. :P Now you won't have to wait for those ****ty little portions anymore. Have a look for it in a cash and carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Muchos Gratias, I'll get my buying department right on to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

yorkshire relish is the best bbq sauce around

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Screw BBQ sauce, the TGI Friday Jack Daniels sauce is the best thing since sliced bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I once tried plum sauce at a BBQ. It worked amazingly well, especially with pre-marinated foods. I recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Homemade is the best ;
    tbsp of each: soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, honey, half a clove of garlic and tomato puree,
    you see, there is a practical side to cookery camp!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

tasted the new chef stuff recently tis nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by Flashling
    Homemade is the best ;
    tbsp of each: soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, honey, half a clove of garlic and tomato puree,
    you see, there is a practical side to cookery camp!
    i use almost the exact same reciepe except i use some red wine vinegar and demerera [sp] sugar (the really dark brown one that looks kinda moist). gives it that little bit more sweetness and at the same time a nice bite.

makes the best bbq ribs and buffalo wings in the world. just cook in the oven on a low heat basting every 20 minutes until the bbq sauce is very sticky and the ribs are nice and tender.

for an extra special treat see if you can get hold of turkey wings instead of chicken and do some mega wings, they'll go down a treat. :D

Advertisement