Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Witchfest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

i shall be, i went last year and although it dose not reach the level of the english version it is worth it.

lets hope the weather holds out

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

yeah I hope so too...

I am sure it will be great as there is not much Wiccan events in Ireland.

You would be suprised at how many open circles are held annualy

really I never heard anything...

You know of where I could find out more information on open circles around Dublin area or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I may very well go.... Seems like a blast. I might bring my mum along, seeing as she's into all this too..

• Advertisement

I currently live in the west of ireland so i am not that involved with the east circles but i have attended a moot organised by Silja Miller (which i belive is on once a month) which is based in Dublin, although i personaly didnt overly enjoy the experience i have made some good freinds from it.

If you call into the bead and crystal shop yellow brick road (which i think was - hopefully still is- along bacholors walk) they should be able to piont you in the right direction.

I went there last weekend, while being shown "Pagan Dublin" was definately an enriching experience :)

Hmm thanks Satori, I will enquire the next time I am around Batchelors walk area. I can confirm the shop is still there...is this moot organised by Fainne or a different one?

What actually goes on at one of these things? Are the people nice at the moot? lol Just had to ask, because I am quite shy with new people, until I get to know them better. I would hate to go and I find out they are all a bunch of mean bitchy people or something.

Damn I am asking a lot of questions..sorry if you get tired of asnwering and you can only answer one thats ok LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I would hate to go and I find out they are all a bunch of mean bitchy people or something.
    funny.
    All witches are bitches..no?

not at all, some of them are loverly! :cool: like me!

• Advertisement

k..well, enjoy the fest and try to avoid the words stake, burning and priests if at all possible.

:)

Mmm... T-Bone :D

mmm...medium rare :)

I just made myself hungry... Dammit :p

me too..and all i could find to eat was a bowl of co co pops.

on a different matter, I'm wondering does satori or ro know of any "witches" who can deal with curses :ninja: or do past life regression..that kinda stuff..if y'know what I mean..I know there was a lady in cork who dealt in that area but I don't have any more info.
    there is a bit of a mad story to go with this inquiry :)

I dont know of any neo pagans who work with curses, its a path that thankfully very few people are stupid enough to walk...

As with the easlier question, people are people... some people practice wicca... and there still people, which means they carry all of the good and not so good pionts with them... thankfully at such moots therea re usually very few "nasty" people, every so often there are people who are lost, but eventually they find there way...

RO_79, the most important thing to remember at such events, is to be yourself, regardless of what others say or do you should always follow what you know to be true and right for you... that way you'll never get lost

:)

happy searching my dear freind.... i hope you find what you look for!

Satori

i only asked about the curses because a while back a white witch in cork told my mother she had married into one that had been passed down through my fathers side of the family over a thousand years ago :o
    I told my mother she was only looking for cash, but funnily enough she was never charged a penny.
    the story went, my fathers ancestor was a king in dublin apx 1000 years ago and refused some holy person permission to build a church on his land and so the priest cursed him.
    the white witch claimed to have removed the hex, but tbh..I'm just questioning the validity of such claims.
    I know its really far out there, but I just had to ask.

Thanks Satori ;) Very wise words indeed

Although it is plausible that karmatic influence can effect a entire family line the power of such hex's would be extremly limited, as each individual bring with them there own experiences and energy, maybe the romoval of the hex wasnt about a curse but letting old negitive energy go...

Simply recogniseing past pain caused and its results can be enough to unbind any words said in anger and fury, as those involved our there family line can learn from the experience and evolove forward,im quiet happy that this person didnt seek financil gain from the event and that any effect that was active has now ended.

Thank you again for reading

Satori

Is there a difference between New Age and Old Age Wiccans in general?

• Advertisement

To give an honest answer it would depend highly on whom you ask, people are diverse, life is ever changing, growth follows rebirth in an never ending cycle so when it comes to the practice of spiritual belief’s it isn’t necessarily that belief system but those within it who practice it.

I have never come across a complete definition; the diversity of human nature is reflected enormously in the workings of spiritual development so in completion it is the eyes you see it from.

From my point of view there isn’t any, the same I would say about Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism and the colourful array that exists in this world…

Different paths leading to the same essential destination… and at the end of the day, it’s not the path… it how you walk it.

Satori

I think I understand... At the end of the day, you will eventually get to where you are supposed to be?

Exactly!

(currently multi tasking)

Getting ready for a circle tonight and then I have to finish packing for tomorrow!

I'm going up with my boyfreind Erishon (who will have a crystal stall there) so quiet hyper at the moment!!!

(yey!!!)

If anyone's passing by its well worth it to stop on in for a look!

Thank you again for reading

Satori

Useing a cyber cafe...

Its such a pity about the Born Again Christian's boycott, but if anyone's still around and havent given it a look head on down, the people on protest arent (thankfully) agressive so not really a problem!

:D

Advertisement