Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 of CYE

Options
  • 11-06-2004 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Next Thurs 9:05 TG4, looking forward to it.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Hi Ciaran,

Sorry for my absence on the forum but been very busy with other stuff recently.

Good to hear that tg4 are sticking with CYE. I think I have seen 8/10 of series 4 so far and I must d/l the rest. But I'll be back home in Dublin at the start of July so I'm sure I'll be able to catch them on tg4 as well :)

I think the Surrogate was my fav so far. It revolves around the etiquette surrounding a baby shower. Larry is asked to buy a pressie for the adoptive Mother but feels the surrogate mother may feel left out so he decides to buy her one too...trouble follows!

I think I said elsewhere its as good if not better than prev. series so I'm sure Irish audiences will enjoy:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I was delighted to hear "ag an taim cheanna" (sp?) at the end of last Thursday's season finale, which I thoroughly enjoyed - swearing's never made me laugh so much since Larry David's aunt met the obituaries :D
    It's always a shame the HBO shows are so expensive on DVD - has there ever been any justification for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Hey Dave, long time no see I was wondering where you got to, you sidled us both up lol.
    I love in The Grand Opening when Cheryl and LD are in the car and he's checking out how low his voice can go haha, and also him and Andy Portico playing dodgeball was v funny.
    Season 2 of CYE on DVD next week.:)

Hehe I must put the tic tacs back in my Pocket!

Unfortunately I only have time to sidle around the forum atm but there has been a lot happening in the World of Seinfeld especially DVD's etc. There is a new series of AMEX commericials out too.

Hi Ixoy,
    HBO are soley a Cable channel so the only source of Income is from subscritpions so I suspect they put a premium onto any DVD's they sell to supplement their revenue streams. They are expensive alright but I would concede they do seem to produce good programming, CYE, sex in the city, sopranos, six feet under and more...

I saw Mel's Offer last night, and it was top class stuff.

A few of my fave moments:

The flashback sequence with Young David and Cheryl, LD looked hilarious.
    The argument with the wheelchair guy
    The pr*** conversation hehe and the saliva dopping on LD's head.

Ben Stiller's wife Christine Taylor ( Ellen in The Van Buren Boys Sein ep) makes an appearance.
    Next week I think The Blind Man from The Bracelet ( Season 1) returns.

• Advertisement

The flashback was hillarious alright- Didnt think it was possible but Larry looked even nerdier.

Good call on Christine alright. Ben Stillers attitude reminds me of his character Chas in the Royal Tenebaums. The perpetual stone faced sceptic!

Ben's B-day should be good from the clips I saw.:) One point I'd like to make about Mel's Offer, when Jeff tells Larry not to make a call on the doctor's phone surely it should be the other way around its a very LD thing to say.
    Cheryl is looking as good as ever.

There are apparantally no extras in the season 2 DVD. I'm astounded at that.

Saw Ben's B-day so many good moments:

The game of telephone " I like tits" LOL
    Cheryl's rant at Larry about being obsessed with tits after he catches him feeling up Lewis's niece yowza! and he calls the mouse a tit mouse haha
    Susie getting miffed with Larry about not taking a interest in her shirts and then he feels guilty about it but ends up giving it to Michael, the blind guy.
    and Bens B-day where Larry accidentally hits him in the eye. Larry is in top form and season 4 is as good as ever IMO.

Yes, those studded shirts are presumed guilty of crimes against clothing! It was like a car boot sale when Susie goes to her car to show Larry.

I love the bit with Michael saying to Larry...
    "i need to be with a beautiful woman"
    [Larry eventually sets him up a date with a strict Muslim who wears a burka!]

Actaully Larry setting up a date for M. is like Kramer setting up a date with the "Pouty" bald woman for George after he starts wearing his little "hair hat". The Irony of course M. is blind and George is bald!

• Advertisement

I can't wait for The 5 wood and The Survivor.:)

I was reading that Lar and Cheryl watch The Pez Dispenser and The Puffy Shirt in The Surrogate. Oh and Gina Gershon is in The Survinor bring it on!.:D

Yeah they watch it.
    The more he watches it the more syndication cheques he gets!

Gina is always watchable!

BTW, theres a huge ad for DVD at the 59th St, Bridge (Larry on swivel chair). I walked by it the other day and I could feeling Larry was oggling my every move!

Blind Date was good.

Stiller was such a baby he could have just let Larry stay in the back seat.
    His only complaint to Mel Brooks and co was something so trivial like toilet papaer hehe.
    In the restaurant with habus and the mentally challenged workers lol.
    The fantasy sequence at the end and then Susie appears LOL.

Didn't Cheryl look good in the I dream of Jeannie costume, and Jeff thought so too.:D

Hey Ciaran,

back in Dublin until end of August. Forgot to look in at tg4 last night- just got back yday morn.

Cheryl in that genie costume is delightful. I know Stiller is in character but tha agitated reaction to anyhting is really annoyng actually. Myabe its just the effect LArry has on ppl cos David Schwimmer is the exact same with him!

Cheryl: you know you and him are alot alike
    Stuart: Yea, except he's not a magican

Larry: You're going as an Islamic Fundamentalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

Originally posted by 80project

HBO are soley a Cable channel so the only source of Income is from subscritpions so I suspect they put a premium onto any DVD's they sell to supplement their revenue streams. They are expensive alright but I would concede they do seem to produce good programming

CYE Season 2 is only £17.99 on www.cdwow.co.uk
    that's 26.88 Euros and that includes delivery to your door - not expensive at all.

The Weatherman was brilliant, LD not wanting the needle as it would ruin his shirt hehe. Fighting with The Russians because he wouldn't let them try on his glasses, I agree with LD on that one. I hate when people ask that.
    Before The Greenes dinner party I loved the line about people having a better conversation than himself.
    The argument at the golf course was sublime too.. "you're jet ****ting full of bull****":D

Sorry it should have been "There's a Jet stream of bull**** coming from your mouth" lol.

Good news, there's definitely going to be another season.

• Advertisement

Dammit, it was an old article. I hope there will be a season 5 though.

Definitely think there will be one more at least. Given that it has a few awards under its belt, it will run for a least another or not more.

I reckon LD might get that 7 year itch again ;)

The 5-Wood was outstanding. I loved when Jeff pointed out to to Larry that he was acting gay, David was unbelievable at the funeral asking for the weathermans tip, and then changing the golf club. The Good Hodgekins stuff was also v funny.
    Being bitten in the penis by Oscar, I LMAO at that scene. Cheryl thought he got a boner from the dog the week before. LOL
    Larry and Cheryl were acting so normal with the country club people.
    "I'm more gentile than you"!

Its up there with the all time classics. :)

You can just imagine Kramer walking around with The 5 iron in his pants.:D

Suise: you're f***** narcisists

Larry: we like to sail alot
    Cheryl: Yes we sail as a pair.

Sucking up big time to The Country Club people.

I enjoyed The Car Pool Lane though it wasn't as good as The 5 Wood. Larry and Monena had a great repertoire gonig, also loved The Krayzee Eyez Killah Ref.
    I thought Susie Greene was going to make an appearance, especially when The Country Club people caught Larry.:)

I really like this ep when I saw it. It was such a clash of personalities.
    Now that you say it, its reminded me of The Krayzee Eyez Killah :)

Excellent stuff.

One of my fave scenes was Larry acting all sadistic in the mirror.

Larry's dad: OMG she's a hooker. Can you imagine Andy ( Larry's cousin- The Special Section) making an appearance in that ep, especially with the scene in the apt.

Yess there's gonna be a season 5.:)

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89524|1|,00.html

Coola Boola.

I think Larry wants to be a Billionaire!!

• Advertisement

The Surrogate was fantastic. The conversations with Richard Lewis and Wanda were hilarious and there were so many more good scenes. His heart rate going up after seeing The Doctors assistant and who can blame him she was a babe. Faking his heart attacks, telling the secretary to change the magazines hehe. Only 3 more to go

Advertisement