Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

standalone MFC program

Options
  • 10-06-2004 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hello,

I've made a windows app with Visual C++ using the MFC's. Everything works grand.
    The problem is when I send the program i.e. the .exe to someone who dosen't have Visual Studio on their machine the app won't work saying it needs something like "mfc40.dll".
    My question is, how do I compile my program so that the required stuff is compiled into the .exe???
    Any ideas??
    cheers,
    Bostitch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

In the MFC App Wizard that you use to create the Project, on step 5 of 6, you are asked how you would like to use the MFC library - As a shared DLL, or as a statically linkied library.

In your case you should select Statically Linked Library, as this will link your app to the static MFC file at build (of course this will make your program larger)

For further info just search for Statically Linked in the Visual Studio MSDN documentation

Advertisement