Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not enough women in ireland for you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

apparently here and in the Czech republic we have 1 male for every female .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

chelmsford in essex used to be 4 women to each man, but that was about 15 years ago, so I don't know about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Iceland folks, wwaaaayyyyy more women than men. I think it's 5:1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Something odd going on in Qatar, 2.36 men per woman.

That Iceland 5/1 "stat" is a vicious lie, but Iceland is, incidentally, Europest largest producer/exporter of bananas.

Originally posted by pickarooney
    Something odd going on in Qatar, 2.36 men per woman.

That Iceland 5/1 "stat" is a vicious lie, but Iceland is, incidentally, Europest largest producer/exporter of bananas.

hence the "i think", I couldn't be bothered looking up the stat - but there are way more women to men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The problem for me is that there are too small a number of women on Boards.ie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Originally posted by Zulu
    Iceland folks, wwaaaayyyyy more women than men. I think it's 5:1

Emm.. I think you've been watching too many TV Ads for beer dude! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hence the "i think", I couldn't be bothered looking up the stat - but there are way more women to men.

Here we see the classic case of adverts (carlsberg in this case) fusing with reality. The figure is not that high or anyway near it... its very unlikely that its even over 1.25:1.
    And just to avoid future confusion: there are no banks that give you extra money because they're nice, holiday destinations with hot women builders or public transport that only pick you up and drop you directly to your office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by soma
    Emm.. I think you've been watching too many TV Ads for beer dude! :p

damn beat me to it ;)

I stand corrected!!!:
    (Taken from CIA - so make of it what you will)

Sex ratio (Iceland):
    at birth: 1.08 male(s)/female
    under 15 years: 1.06 male(s)/female
    15-64 years: 1.02 male(s)/female
    65 years and over: 0.81 male(s)/female
    total population: 1 male(s)/female (2003 est.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

There's not enough *good looking* women in Ireland.

It always amazes when I come back from a holiday on the continent how plain the women here are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Kali
    Here we see the classic case of adverts (carlsberg in this case) fusing with reality. The figure is not that high or anyway near it... its very unlikely that its even over 1.25:1.

In fairness, The urban myth has been around a lot longer than the ad for Tennants. I know i thought the ratio was 2:1 well before seeing that ad. Im pretty sure the agency were banking on people knowing that 'fact' as it makes the ad more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Ardent

It always amazes when I come back from a holiday on the continent how plain the women here are.

I bet you're stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Quality not Quantity is the problem

Rubbish - I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
    I've been in a fair few countries, and the women in Ireland are the best.
    Agreed we have a varity, agreed it's a mixed bunch, but our stunners are up there at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Rubbish - I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
    I've been in a fair few countries, and the women in Ireland are the best.
    Agreed we have a varity, agreed it's a mixed bunch, but our stunners are up there at the top.

Yea but theres not many of them around, a lot of European country's have nicer women than Ireland have.

Oh yeah, you've got your stunners here alright, but they're few and far between compared to other countries.

Oh yeah, you've got your stunners here alright, but they're few and far between compared to other countries.

Sorry I just can't agree with this point. Walk around Dublin on a sunny day.
    Baggot Street is wall to wall with babes.

When you go to a forgien country your not walking through Uglysville in Le Sticks region.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

i much prefer central european/ dutch women to irish (appearance wise) but i know that irish women are generally more fun to be with than the dutch counter parts. (well in my limited experience :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

When you go to a forgien country your not walking through Uglysville in Le Sticks region.

Thats crap. what you see is a bunch of wannabe trendies trying to look sophisticated and sexy at the same time, but theyre too stupid to pull it off. you see the occassional stunner, but the majority of em arent too nice up close. The continent is far superior in terms of quantity OF quality.

actually when walkin around Dublin on a sunny day i notice all the scumbags the most, and scummer chicks aint nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

In the Ukraine and Russia, there are far more women than men.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by spooiirt!!
    what you see is a bunch of wannabe trendies trying to look sophisticated and sexy at the same time, but theyre too stupid to pull it off.

With an attitude like that, it's little wonder that you're so bitter and twisted.

I work on baggot St and that's a bit of a wild exaggeration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    With an attitude like that, it's little wonder that you're so bitter and twisted.

What can i say, ive been to a few countries, lived in germany, florida, and Irish women really dont know how to work it. its the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Plain??? You really mean fugly dontcha

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Just as well us guys are all Brad Pitt lookalikes otherwise we wouldn't have the right to be so critical. Especially us super sexy net nerds. I find plenty of Irish girls pretty/attractive etc TBH
    A few years ago I was working in the US with a few other Irish people,one of whom was a not-too-pretty redser. However, nearly the American lads thought she was a ride. She looked different to the women they were used to and that was part of the attraction. I think the same principle applies to us when we go abroad - I was in Budapest this year and nearly got a crik in my neck FFS.
    The REAL problem here is that women who like fat guys, football, heavy metal and PS2 are in short supply, and that has made us so, so very bitter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Ireland has a lot of redheads. I know there's gingers, but when you see the pretty ones, they're quite stunning (also the fact that it's very rare to see a redhead these days, adds to the appeal)!!!!!

The Africans go crazy over redheads.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

That site just made it dawn on me that we are technicaly no longer an island, bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Originally posted by neXus9
    The Africans go crazy over redheads.
    lol is that true?

but anyway, you guys certainly are a bunch of picky baxtards. and i thought women were picky about men... i mean, jayzus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by The Song Thrush
    lol is that true?
    Yeah, from what Iv'e heard. I remember tales from the crypt keeper took the p*ss by having Whoopi Goldberg's character (she was a member of an african tribe in this episode) decapitate Eric Stoltz because of his red hair.

Advertisement