Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotu

Options
  • 09-06-2004 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all.

Anyone know the best (ie cheapest) place to pick up Hordes of the Underdark? Preferably i would like to pick it up today as im supposed to be playing online this evening. I have been waiting on play.com for the last week and a half and its still not in stock. Same situation with amazon and a few others ive checked.

I was getting in for £14.99 (about €23) from play so i would be willing to pay up to €30 i guess. Anyway, suggestions appreciated :)

thx

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

It should be less than 30 in Game or HMV or wherever as it is an expansion and not a full game :)

You joining the Irish server tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I saw it in game in town.
    not sure of the price, but it should be under 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Game closes at 6 tonight doesnt it? hmmm gonna be a bit of a rush to get in there!

Im supposed to be meeting up with a group of friends from my old dnd game on a server called The Realms of the Dragon Reach . Apparently its a very big PW with a huge amount of custom content. Its set in the forgotten realms of faerun setting. Its a role play orientated server.

I definitely was planning on stopping in to the irish server sometime, is there a game on tonight? I dont have any online chars created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

GAME stocks it in Galway for €29.99

'course, that could be a rip-off the yokels price. You know, add 10% for shipping past the ravenous gun-toting bandits that line the roads around Ballinasloe, just waiting to raid passing software caravans.

Just tested scenario and it loads properly. So, game on tonight :)

• Advertisement

Any info on the game?
    Levels? Party size? Campaign or just mosh? What time are you planning on starting?
    Whats the server address?

God im pushy arent i? :)

Anyway, if i can track down a copy of hotu before the shops close this evening, i will do my best to turn up if i can.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I got it for €25 in symths toy when it first came out. I'd say it is still the same price.

Well, nowhere i looked had it.
    Checked game, hmv, gamespot and they had all been sold out for ages. I think this must be the rarest game i have ever tried to get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

LoLth:

eh..though I couldn't read the boards, I turned up last night at around 9 and the World of Rhun was running as always. Whats the story?

And if you didn't get my mail the other day, heres a bit of it:
    Since none of you managed to gain experience last week and since we have no spell casters, instead of me having 2000xp more than you, I'll remake a new character, a wizard.

Im playing a ranger type on another server anyway, I'd only get confused otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I've had an order for HotU sitting on play.com since the 11th of May now...
    HMV grafton st and EB(game) on dawson st also don't have a copy.

Will check game grafton st today..

What's with the lack of copies?

Also, when's next game on the irish server?

• Advertisement

sorry, couldnt get on to the administrator section to change the scenario (rev? any ideas?).

I was there about 8:30 ish in case people turned up but left when no-one did.

Only managed to get back on to boards about 10:30 or so and it was too late to post. I was actually posting up the details for the game when the boards went down. Most boring day in work ever!!

Anyway,

The scenario : we can start it next wednesday does require a well balanced party, so I think we should organise the group before starting.

I'll stick a thread up later today.

Monday game will be on. Old group. some high level stitching.

On the advice of someone in hmv - i ordered it from hmv.co.uk where it says it will ship within 24hrs. I cancelled my play order too - was taking too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Originally posted by Boro
    On the advice of someone in hmv - i ordered it from hmv.co.uk where it says it will ship within 24hrs. I cancelled my play order too - was taking too long.

Nice, just ordered. Total price including airmail was €25.

Should take about 4 days ish, hopefully will get it before next wed :)

Thanks for link

no prob - im waiting on it too :)

[EDIT]
    We have shipped the following items in your order x on 2004-06-10:

1 HC PC CDROM NEVERWINTER NIGHTS EXPANSION 2 GBP 12.99

sweet - wish i had ordered from these guys a few weeks ago!

[/EDIT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Lolth I just tried the admin section with your account, had to change your password so the new one has been sent to u via boards pm.

I had no problems, saved the current game, loaded a new one, stopped that one, and reloaded old one. So the problem may be at your end. Might be worth clearing the your cache, I recently rebooted games2 so maybe something old is cached there.

Advertisement