Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Tactics help

Options
  • 08-06-2004 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been playing on a this server for a while run by a gaming community that i'm in, and an "epic" area has recently been added in. My problem is that my lvl 32 Paladin/Champion of Torm is getting killled in 3 seconds flat. I have equipment fit for a god, had backup (he got munched even faster than i did). Any idea how to beat very high level fighters with wizard support (they have evil Bigby's grasping hand + Issac's greater missile storm though i usually don't live long enough to get hit by the Missile Storm)

My equipment is;
    Helm of the Gargoyle
    Armour of Faith
    Boots of Speed
    Belt of Cloud Giant strength
    Astral Longsword +8
    Bracers of dexterity +10
    Miracle Shield of the Holy
    North Wind Bow +8
    Cloak of Epic Spell resistance (don't work very well :( They cast Mordakanian's disjunction, then i'm fooked)
    Ring of Dark Power and Ring of healing
    Amulet that gives me +8 to AC

Need help -_-, getting nuked from 450 hp to 0 aint fun :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Group with a monk at that level and tell him to kick the mages asses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

semi-fixed problem.. lots of rods of negation.. used 2 in one fight, too many Bigbys :S
    Only monk/shadowdancer on the server is only level 30 or so. Got to lvl 40 now, running from Greater Spectres *sigh*

Your paladin cant turn a greater spectre then?
    rods of negation? ouch - expensive :)

Even a level 30 monk would be able to do some damage - iirc they have huge spell resistance, amazing saving throws, stunning blows and (if their wis and dex are high) great ac. The only thing that lets them down normally is amount of damage per blow. But considering they strike as magic weapons (thus negating some damage reductions) and have SOOOO many attacks, he should kick that mages ass!

monks rule

nope.. 20 levels of paladin and 20 of CoH = no success
    lvl 30 monk gets kinda whipped heh... Only char we have now on the server that can really stand up to those guys in a straight up fight is the lvl 40 Dwarven Defender dude.. 23 damage reduction heh. Solved the problem by using potions of invisiblity to sneak up on em and kill them fast.

Yeah monks are good, there's an item for them that does 1d10 of every single kind of damage so it amounts to like 80 damage per hit. Trouble is to get it you need to get past a boss with about 11000 hp, three maps of the nasty mages,fighters and archers and a lot of dragons.. a LOT of dragons...

And as for greater spectres, problem was their numerous status changes, they have a chance of level drain each time they hit :(

As for money, we're not too hard off... couple million here and there heh.. looting = good ! :)

At least its not one of these high-powered munchkin games that i have heard about then :)

Sounds like a lot of fun. Do you play with a set group or just link up with anyone you meet with on the server?

Find yourself a druid-monk-shifter with the dragon shape ability :) they are absolutely unstoppable if built right.

• Advertisement

meet up if ye want with whoever's on the server.
    High powered? Yes, we have extremely high power equipment. Content creator's answer to this have been - extremely overpowered creatures. (Bigby's + Greater Ruin + Horrid Wilting + Hellball + Empowered Issac's Greater Missile Storm etc)

Doing a Rogue/Assassin/Weapon Master . With a certain sword i can get 220 damage crits. Trouble is i have 300 hp at lvl 33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 IMADeviant

NWN has tactics now?

Advertisement