Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Day - August 24th

• 08-06-2004 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭

Green Day are playing (the Ambassador, I think!) here on August 24th. Tickets 33.50 and go on sale this Friday.

Should be good, they're supposedly playing a mixture of tracks from their new album and old stuff. Fingers crossed for some Network stuff! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ya see this is the kind of thing ya keep quiet til you have your tickets ;) Should be pretty great tho. Great live band :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

On-sale 9am to be safe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dude, shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man. Wait til tickets are bought will ya :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i cant see them selling out ,last time they played in the point the place was a bit empty,
    cracking gig all the same though,ill be getting my tix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Jaysus man, head over to the Oxegen boards and see ho many "Green Day should play" threads there are on it. It will sell out.

what does the Ambassador hold ...bout 1500 ?? .. The Point holds 7000 ... BIG DIFFERENCE !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

anyone think it'll be moved?
    just ordered my tickets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by Bottle_of_Smoke
    anyone think it'll be moved?
    just ordered my tickets!

Nope, but they may be forced to add more dates.

MCD have it billed as "intimate". You could call it a warmup for the Reading/Leeds festival in the UK.

I'm sure Green Day got this idea from the Foo Fighters, who played a Witnness warmup at the Ambassador the day before the festival (and Billie Joe was at that show).

EDIT: Standing tickets sold out in less than 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,057 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I got mine too!

But i can still buy standing tickets - don't think they're sold out just yet!

• Advertisement

I got mine .... looking like Ticketmaster had sold out by 9.18am .... pheww :cool:

k. Set the alarm for 8:30...........and fell asleep.
    Anyone got a spare?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

When I saw them play Witnness a couple of years back they played a near identical set list to the one they played in the SFX in 1998. Are they still playing that same set list?

Nothing's more intimate than the feeling of the SFX roof crumbling over your head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

dammit:mad:

totally overslept. i curse drowsy medications and all those that profit from them.

they were excellent last time they played witnness, best band of the weekend.

Well, they're playing some new tracks from 'American Idiot' so i really doubt it'll be an identical setlist.

But expect the crowd favourites: 'Basket Case', 'When I Come Around', 'Good Riddance', 'Hitchin' A Ride', 'Welcome To Paradise', 'Longview' etc.

And possibly a live version of their cover of The Clash's 'I Fought The Law'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

oh yes ****in sweet got my tickets today, chillis tomorow and greenday in august. its a bitch about the low number of tickets, alot of people i know didnt get any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

hey im new here !howdy! I got my tickets (2) deposited in Sound Cellar. How come sound cellar can do that, yet ticketmaster cant????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭[P]*Deus_Alpha

**** you bastards that got tickets, i'm sick that i didn't get mine. ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i didnt get mine either was working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I got 4 tickets Friday morning. How much does the Ambassador hold anyway ?

• Advertisement

The Ambassador holds as far as i know, has a capacity of about 1500.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154266

:D so sweet, excellent summer for irish music

Anyone with a spare?????????????????

please :)

woul i need id to get into this gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

From my experience, I have never been asked or seen people being asked for ID for shows at the Ambassador. It would be safe to say that you have nothing to worry about.

Advertisement