Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronald Reagan dead

Options
  • 06-06-2004 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Ronald Reagan died today aged 93 at his home in California.

Its on sky news/cnn at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Stephen

Its on sky news/cnn at the moment.

And the politics board.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1679506#post1679506

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

And it only took RTE till this morning to notice, nothing at all on Aertel last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by steviem
    And it only took RTE till this morning to notice, nothing at all on Aertel last night.

Well they're hardly going to employ somebody to keep Aertel updated 24/7... maybe if it was big Irish news they'd update, but somebody dying probably wouldn't have huge priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

Yeah, you are of course quite right. How dare i expect our nationald broadcaster whom i pay a licence fee to, too keep us up to date with world affairs on the "news" pages of Aertel. It'll end up going the way of Threetext.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

why do we care?
    this is the same thing as princess diana dying...

10,000 people died in iraq, i don't see anyone crying about it, many people die every day...

so what if he was ex-president....

he will still a human being, no more or less important than anyone who dies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by steviem
    Yeah, you are of course quite right. How dare i expect our nationald broadcaster whom i pay a licence fee to, too keep us up to date with world affairs on the "news" pages of Aertel.

Yes, you pay a licence fee - a licence fee only goes so far. It's stupid to expect them to employ somebody to keep the pages up to date during the night - if people want 24/7 news updates, they go onlione or to Sky News or BBC News 24 or any other of the news channels. They're not the most effiecient organisation ever, but when people start making stupid demands like that, and then try to justify it with the "I pay my licence fee" arguement, you've gotta ask yourself, just how much of a licence fee are you willing to pay for these totally unneccesary services?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Well they're hardly going to employ somebody to keep Aertel updated 24/7...
    They do actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by DapperGent
    They do actually.

Then they don't do a very good job. You can never get an update on the big US Golf tournaments after 11pm for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Then they don't do a very good job. You can never get an update on the big US Golf tournaments after 11pm for a start.

thats cause only knobs like golf and there ain't enough knobs about to make a difference in the ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Then they don't do a very good job.
    I don't have an opinion on the worth of Aertel I'm just saying that there are in fact people there of a night time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Originally posted by bananayoghurt
    thats cause only knobs like golf and there ain't enough knobs about to make a difference in the ratings

Too right, too right.

Anyway, getting back on topic:

Who gives a crap?:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

AERTEL IS CRAP

RTE = Real Trash Entertainment

Advertisement