Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate season 1-3 going cheap

Options
  • 05-06-2004 10:50pm

You can get seasons 1-3 of SG1 for around 22 euro eachhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

im gfoina buy 1-5 for 170 euro off aome guy at boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Damn them and their good prices :(
    Just after spending a bloody fortune with them...

Thanks for the heads up Darko

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm just waiting on them to ship now :) You cannot argue with such value, even if my previous order with them, shipped three weeks ago, still hasn't arrived. But I blame An Post for that...

Make sure you check your order. I had to cancle mine and reorder as they overcharged me 12 dollars a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

damn they are region 1. i need a multi regional player!

• Advertisement

They only do R1 Draupnir. It's for cheapness like this, that I got an R1 DVD player. I also have the entire Robotech series on order with them now - only €67 when it used to be closer to €200 elsewhere.
    R1 players are really cheap nowdays anyway. Say goodbye to over-priced R2 releases in HMV and hello to mass-produced R1 :) Plus the R1 boxes, for shows such as Babylon 5, tend to be shinier than their R2 counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

hey ixoy,
    if you have any of the R1 Stargate DVD sets, can you tell me if there are subtitles on them? I looked at the product description for S3 and it doesn't indicate if there are subtitles on them.
    Cheers.

Sure I'll let you know when I get them. As of now I'm waiting for them to ship...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

where do I buy one of these fabled R1 players

Originally posted by Draupnir
    where do I buy one of these fabled R1 players
    Everywhere! In most electronic stores in Ireland - a friend of mine got one in Power City in the sales for about €30.
    Or online, such as the Yamada 2600 for £29.99 (I have the Yamada 2500 and it works perfectly and plays everything I've thrown at it). Just pop into a store if you can and ask for region free but don't pay more than 60-70 euro for a budget model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Most DVD players have the capablitiy of playing DVD's from anywhere. We just got a code of the net, put it in, and hay presto!

Search whatever DVD player you have in google, never know what you might find.

Has anyone who ordered them recieved their order yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I only got the shipping confirmation email yesterday (Thursday) so I hope to have it on Monday or Tuesday.

They've been waiting for me at home for the whole week. I'm picking them up on Sunday :D

Mine were finally posted yesterday.

Had a quick look at my DVDs today.

bada_bing - The subtitles for S1 anyway are NOT in English - French and Spanish only, with English Stereo for sound.

There also, to my mind, seemed tiny jumps of a sort in "Children of the Gods" but it doesn't interfere with viewing. And, in case you're wondering, it's the uncut version of "Children of the Gods" on the disc (i.e. the full frontal nudity is there).

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

hey ixoy, so there no english subtitles for Season 1 , is this also the case for other seasons or did you only order just the one season??
    thanks!

Originally posted by bada_bing
    hey ixoy, so there no english subtitles for Season 1 , is this also the case for other seasons or did you only order just the one season??
    thanks!
    For Season 1 anyway. I've got S2 and S3 there too, I'll have a look later on tonight for you.

[Edit] S2 and S3 have no subtitles at all... [/Edit]

Advertisement