Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have any luck getting a skatepark?

Options
  • 04-06-2004 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any luck getting a skatepark?

As far as i know there are only about 3-4 park in the whole of ireland, how where the gotton?

See i live in cavan and a few friend of mine have been saying that they where talking to someone from the councel who is going to do his best for us. Then a neighbour of my brother mentioned it to him to.
    By the sound of it this time seems to be the best go at trying to get one sofar (i'm not getting my hopes up yet), just a pitty that the 2 involved with it most don't really have a clue what a skatepark is like!

We'll have to see,

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok, didn't know there was a dedicated tread on that subject here on boards.

Will post there, can you delete this for me then

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Gerry The G

i think ters meant 2 be 1 opening in newbrige,ters is loads all over ireland! u just gota look! thrust me,i can name atlest 9!

Please feel free to list them!

Any near cavan?

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

We are having talks with a number of county councils at the moment advising them on constructing quality skateparks. Bushy park looks like it'll be the first to happen I'll give further details when they're finalised. If you are involved with trying to get a park in your area or know your coucil are thinking about it GET IN TOUCH irishskateparkforum@yahoo.co.uk
    check my site www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum

Parks in ireland; theres 2 Council /Public parks.
    WATERFORD
    -regional sports centre tramore Rd' badly designed made of plastic/fibreglass but better than nothing,
    GALWAY
    millenium park next to cathedral , quarterpipe , funbox grindrail tarmac surface ,small but no fences or helmet rules

Private / commercial parks
    RAMP AND RAIL DRUMCONDRA, greeat park 2 levels upstairs just got redone.
    RAMP CITY SANTRY good park mis are a bit odd but defo worth checkin out. BALLYHALE, KILTORCAN RACEWAY,KILKENNY good park 2 sections larger section more BMX friendly mix of wood and concrete.
    SLIGO , reported park on golf course at Strandhill meant to be a dodgy surface and rickety ramps but havn't checked it yet.

Thats it for the South in Northern Ireland theres Rampage in Belfast and Bangor and a few council projects ,Derry , Portrush?
    Hardly loads all over the place!

• Advertisement

Advertisement