Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helsinki

Options
  • 02-06-2004 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Headin to Helsinki for a few days soon - anyone recommend any good pubs/clubs. Not overly trendy, not overly scummy and not Irish pubs.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

How old are you - they have age limits per club/bar - some of the "better" ones being 24+

My GF (she's Finnish, and 22) recommends:

• Praha - Beer, always full, plays hard rock + heavy metal
    • La Luna - latino type, small, serves food, salsa type music. Dark candles, small intimate etc
    • Iguana - Chain of bars/restaurants. Good food and beer
    • Fever - Club, easy to get in, quite small, chart music
    • DTM - Gay club, very popular among all
    • Lots and Found - Gay bar, incredibly popular, especially among celebrities
    • Kerma - Very Trendy, intimate club
    • Highlight - If looking to score underage swedish speakers
    • Chaplain - Rather young clientele, cheap drinks, pool tables, Virtua racer type video games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Banjoseph

Cheers very much mate. I'm 27 and I'm into the not so commercial type dance clubs so a couple of these look interesting. Much appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Molly Malones ( irish bar) is great fun
    I was living in Finland for a year and anytime i made up i always made a point of going there ..... the Dub accent never sounded so good ... well apart from the odd HOw'ya ... /shudders

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

U might want to read his first post again .

Advertisement