Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Wed 02/06/04

Options
  • 02-06-2004 8:38pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Server up

games2.iol.ie:5121

pass: newstart

1st level characters only, so create new.

Scenario is Hordes of the Underdark. If you do not have Hordes you will not be able to join

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

Well that was wierd. The best bit was when I fought, stealthed and ambushed my way out of the mines after falling in that pit. Though you all missed it, I can assure you it was a virtuoso performace from someone with 10hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

The sombie thing and the random quest teleports were a bit odd t put it mildly. Not sure I'd want to continue that on without a lot more background info. Also whne did zombies get that fast?

We also need to reconsider the party make up. We have a lot of upfront firepower but could do with some spell slingers and thieves

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I've emailed the author about the undead thing.

The random quests is when someone accepts a quest. Thats why we need a party spokesman.

it could have been that latecomer...adeilia or something?

She would have been off on her own talking to people
    all over the place.

*points finger*

Otherwise things were going fine in that dungeon. Oh yeah,
    aside from the fact you were all dead.

and I earned 0 xp :)

• Advertisement

If a scenario like this can give us major headaches by someone joining in late and innocently talking to a people around town, in future could we do something about that?

Would it work just telling people that if they join up late, not to talk to the locals, or at least not to accept any quests?

Failing that, lock the server after we're all in perhaps? Give the password out in an IRC channel? Or to help expected latecomers, by email?

How well behaved are the people who read this board anyway?
    Would we hear that annoying excuse "I'm just playing chaotic"?

Talking to some others who have played this scenario, it seems that our situation is not unique.

I think we should leave it for a while to get fixed up properly and kick off a different campaign. Looking into a few right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

did we find out how to become normal again and not undead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Would be good if you start new L1s / new campaign next week. I'd like to get in on the ground floor :-]

Just got the game after much waiting for a PC to play it on -- will watch what's happening next week.

Am I right that it's a regular mon night thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Regular monday's at 9ish. Also were starting back the wednesdays too (different campaigns/characters). Just keep an eye here from about 8om on for details

• Advertisement
Advertisement