Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Property Portal In Ireland

• 02-06-2004 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

As you may have gathered from my thread earlier, im on the hunt for a house... as we all should be , instead of renting to pay other peoples mortgages. I tell ya, im working real hard at the moment earning that money :) ... It seems there may be a proper discussion in this after all, the question is simple, which one is the best property website in ireland, and your thoughts on why.... My personal one is www.realestate.ie cos i always go for the underdogs ... The thing that annoyed me most about myhome is that you cant sort properties by price. and can only display 12 at a time. Not as exciting as fetishes, but worth a bit of a natter about ........

Which is the best property portal in ireland? 16 votes

[url]www.realestate.ie[/url]
    0% 0 votes
    [url]www.myhome.ie[/url]
    6% 1 vote
    [url]www.realestatealliance.ie[/url]
    50% 8 votes
    [url]www.daft.ie[/url]
    6% 1 vote
    [url]www.nicemove.ie[/url]
    37% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

My home.ie is the one that most Estate agents use as it can be used by both professional bodies. I.P.A.V. and I.V.A.I. Realestate.ie is the web site for I.A.V.I. and will only show properties by its members.

I personaly like Myhome.ie but there revamp last month made it alot less user friendly for someone that does'nt want to register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 OrionSystem

I've been calling the estate agents that post on the www.realestate.ie , the properties that appear on their own sites are using the same database as the actual IAVI site. this also goes for the Real Estate Alliance guys. This means that the guideline prices on their sites are actually much closer to the REAL price of the house than myhome, which is good for me, since i wasted 2 days of my life looking at apartments that were listed on myhome in the €127,001 – €190,500 bracket. That means as a first time buyer i wouldnt have to pay stamp duty. Then i find that the actual cost is around €210,000, meaning the cost is €20,000 more, and then the stamp duty pushes it up to €26,300. €26,300 thats enough to funrish it including the 32" plasma screen i've been dreaming of. Seriuosly, i think looking at myhome has actually cost me money. This practice should be illegal. I think i'll call the IAVI and ask them what the law is..... kinda annoying i think you'll agree. i fell like just blowing the €20,000 i've saved on a holiday for a few years to thailand or something ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Originally posted by OrionSystem
    That means as a first time buyer i wouldnt have to pay stamp duty. Then i find that the actual cost is around €210,000, meaning the cost is €20,000 more, ....

Is what you are saying is that, Myhome.ie are giving prices that are €20,000 below the guide price or the asking price. I know the Prices given on Myhome are only Guide prices and subject to contract and other parties which may be interested in the property but to quote a price that is €20,000 off the price that the vendor would be willing to sell is very strange because I've used myhome,ie on many occasions and when I ring the estate agent the price is always the same as the guide on the site.

Stamp duty is an extra charge that has nothing to do with the sale of the property only the transver ownership of the property is subject to stamp duty payable by the purchaser. This is normally calculated by your solicitor but as a first time buyer you will be exempt up to a certain amount.

Happy house hunting.

as i explained, the apartment was quoted as just within €127,001 – €190,500 bracket. Meaning i'd be exempt from stamp duty, but when i went to see it they reckoned because of the interest in it , it'd probably sell for between €200K and €210K. This means the new price of sale actually costs the buyer around 6k more cos it crosses over into the 3% bracket of stamp duty. Just annoyed the hell out of me, the sellers dont release or dont care that by even adding €1,000 to their property, once it crosses the €190,500 mark the government will take 3%. i'd prefer to give them the price increase in cash, say nothing and not pay Bertie €6,000 + for fancy dinners for politions...... im paying enough tax alreeady to get the money i earn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

what about remax-ireland.com its not a bad site either. I totally sympatize with you I am trying to move at the moment too
    g

• Advertisement

I've decided on my price range, now to find an affordable mortgage... anyone have any tricks as to how to get most money in a loan?

Advertisement