Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ode to Ben, and to Jerry

Options
  • 31-05-2004 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

I enter the kitchen, it is plunged in darkness. As my eyes adjust to this engulphing shadow room, a green blur hums gently in the corner. It is the clock on the microwave, readin 03:47. The floor is cold beneath my feet, the sticky patch where i dropped my map to pirates treasure...wait ,no I mean my pasta, is unpleasent to step on. I open the refridgerator door, the blinding light chases the shadows away. I reach inside, touch the cold ice-cream container, methinks this should be in the freezer, why has it not melted.
    I stand a hunched figure in naught but boxer shorts and an asterix and obolix t-shirt. I plunge a spoon into the phish food. Raise it to my face. I say aloud
    "I wish I had a Chinese girlfriend, don't you"
    i think
    ::who are you talking to, fool::
    I Feast

yum:)
    true story, seriously

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

How about a re-enactment called "Ode to being able to spell and write prose coherently about stuff thats in the fridge"? Or maybe a choose your adventure in the bathroom? I reckon you could make money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Well I like it. Its style is amusing and its the right length (see mine for one that, in hindsight, is far too long). Good job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I think thats cool. fair play fizzynicenice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Originally posted by hostyle
    How about a re-enactment called "Ode to being able to spell and write prose coherently about stuff thats in the fridge"?
    sweet zombie jesus, one should never take themselves THAT seriously, its about ice-cream and an ever-worrying asian fetish, take it as it was intended, a light-hearted no-brainer. Its not Wordsworth, I'm under no delusions.

P.S is this why youe called 'hostyle'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

A lot of people don't seem to get my sense of humour. My fault I guess. I also notice every mis-spelling and piece of bad grammar that I read and it gets to me when people make no effort to correct them (a few is OK, but when it really starts to effect readability it annoys me - and I find your prose a cuplrit). Not that I'm not guilty of it myself now and then. I suppose you could call me a spelling / grammar nazi.

Its part of the reason I call myself hostyle. If you knew me in Real Life the other part is self-evident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

amen.

Advertisement