Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding

Options
  • 31-05-2004 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a labrador cross with a springer spaniel although he is mainly a labrador according to the vet. Anyway i was wondering how much i should feed him because he seems to just keep on eating. Today for example he ate a pound of liver and some left overs. Hes about 2 years old, hes not very tall but ain't small either, definetly not as tall as a full breed labrador and is very toned so hes not getting fat or anything.

So i was wondering if i was over or under feeding him. I really have no idea :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭kahlua

We give our dogs meat in the morning and evening and have dried food out for them during the day if they're hungry.

If you're dog is really overweight then you need to feed him little amounts every couple of hours and don't leave food out. Then gradually reduce the amount of times you give the food untill you're giving two/three meals a day.

I reckon its all about the exercise, our dogs are savages as well but they're out all day so they run it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

There was a thread on here a while ago about feeding Labradors, it was pretty good, you should do a search for it. Labradors are prone to obesity so make sure your dog gets lots of exercise.
    *Hint* Labradors and Springers are both hunting dogs and love swimming!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thanks people :)

I'll have a look for that thread.

Advertisement