Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G.G.I Festival

• 31-05-2004 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone at the G.G.I festival in Wexford at the weekend? Really enjoyed it. Came back with a tshirt, the food menu, and a banjacked knee aswell as a host of other injuries.

Didn't enjoy many of the "shouting" bands, but overall excellent time. Blood & Whiskey and Foot In Mouth were both class, esp liked Moutpiece. Also enjoyed that band from Galway that were called in at the last minute (anyone know their name? I didn't catch it). Pleasently surpirsed by Lynched, only watch them cause my companions had abandoned me.

Fair play to Conor and the volunteers for organising the running the whole thing, most enjoyable weekend I've had in a long time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I beleive they were The Boy You Hit Is Dead. Very good, I thought. Enjoyed Moutpiece the most. Probably Blood Or Whiskey's worst ever performance, but still good. Everything was nicely priced, and the food really wasn't that bad...

Makes oxegen seem like a big waste of money...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Moutpiece WINS!!!! have only ever seen them once, and thought they were pure class. Any word on any release? I heard they were to put out a CD with about 8 or 9 tracks on it in March, did anything happen with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭gzdamien

yeah awesome weekend even though i was sick for most of it... missed all the bands on saturday...
    i'm probably partly responsible for some of the "shouting" bands, in the end i played three times!
    well done to the organisers, etc.

i'm still sore :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by gzdamien
    i'm still sore :)

I had a lump on my head the size of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

There's still about a can's worth of beer in my hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Great weekend and excellent bands!

No injuries to report... just lotsa fun!

I *especially* liked the "shouting" bands!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭hickm4

A crazy weekend, really to pissed to give an honest opinion on most the bands, missed a good few on Sunday ( On gate duty), hightlights for me were Easpa Measa, The Boy you hit is Dead, Fleas and Lice.
    Fair play to Conor and all involved................now that was a REAL Festival!

Originally posted by hickm4
    now that was a REAL Festival!

Yep. After it I'm not really looking forward to Oxegen as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

it was the ****in business....

i was te fella who walked there from wexford town..
    23 ****in mile.

ahh well it was worth it.

pics

More Pics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i didnt know "BLOOD OR WHISKEY" were gonna play would of turned up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

it was deadly!!

I thought Foot in Mouth were brilliant. I was a little concerned that they mightn't have played. Scientifc Bong were...entertaining! Blood or Whiskey were a bit disappointing.

I thought the food was surprisingly good, especially those lovely spring rolls.

No injuries as such, I don't think. But I was certainly filthy after.

I got a t-shirt too. My "friend" took the last medium so I got left with a stinkin' large.

Altogether very enjoyable.

Originally posted by lacuna
    I thought the food was surprisingly good, especially those lovely spring rolls.

"Heh, everybody loves the spring rolls....."

that second pics link dont work :/

and there were loads of medium tees left after the fest ... ?

last foot in mouth gig ever next thursday in the lower deck in dublin...

Originally posted by gzdamien
    that second pics link dont work :/

Works for me, try this.

When I was buying tees for me and friends and there was only one medium one large and one xlarge left:dunno:

you got a fairly awesome one of me in there.. heh heh heh.

Advertisement