Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men Dream team

Options
  • 31-05-2004 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

I wanna do a few of these but I'll start with X-Men, I want ppl to pick a team of X-men form there entire history that they think would be the best just to see what ppl would come up with. Lets limit it to 8.

P.S.:I'm still thinking about it myself I'll get back to you when I'm done. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Iceman (do I sound bias? hehe)
    Cyclops
    Wolverine (only with jubilee*)
    *jubilee
    Beast
    Jean Grey
    Forge
    Rogue or Bishop (can't decide)

Might have also thrown in there angel storm and nightcrawler, but I never really could be bothered about angel at all. Storm is too much like an old mother :P and nightcrawler is great in ultimate or X-men Evolution, but he's too sanctamonious in the comic.

The Wolverine Jubilee combination because it's always good to see Wolverine crippled by his love of that child, so that he can't always just go wild or think about going solo.

Iceman is obvious, but after Iceman, cyclops was always my favourite x-man. Mainly because of the "Spiderman and his amazing friends" episode where they go to the X-mansion and get trapped in seperate rooms while trying to get to the attic to stop the bad guy.

Beast as the OLD beast, not this new further mutated version. The genious blue furball was always great as he was....

Jean Grey because in her blue and yellow outfit along with cyclops, she was always a great member of the team.

Forge because of the events around issue 300-303 of uncanny X-men.

Rogue or Bishop - well rogue in her green and yellow suit with brown flight jacket was always a classic icon, and with her younger unsure nature she was always a fun story arc. Bishop was always good in his earlier appearances as the kick ass and take names later lawman.

All of the above are because of mainly the first few X-men (1992 edition) series, and events around Uncanny X-men 295-305. They were my formative X-men issues and they'll always stick with me. I don't think X-men has ever been as good as it was then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

can you include people they have been with here and there if so

wolverine
    cyclops
    nghtcrawler
    juggernaut
    spiderman(i know hes not in the x-men,but he has been with them :P)
    jean gray

i dunno i wouldnt f*ck with them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

hmm,
    using x-men from different x-teams and alternate realities

iceman
    beast(mutant x version)
    polaris(x-factor version)
    Bishop
    gambit(ultimate x-men version)
    blink(from AoA, pre-exiles)
    forge
    nocturne(nightcrawler's daughter, millenial visions, pre-exiles)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Heres what I'd go for.

Cyclops
    Phoenix
    Forge
    Rouge
    Iceman
    Storm
    Gambit
    Polaris

Cyclops: For fire power.

Phoenix: Always handey to have a psychic around.

Forge: You never know when a gadget man will come in handey.

Rouge: For strenth, (Juggernaught & Colossus can't fly).

Iceman: The new version is next to invinceable.

Storm: Very powerful handey to have in a fix, (Halle Berry Mmmmm).

Gambit: Always been my favorite since I first saw him and hes good at sneeking around and you can't have Rouge without Gambit.

Polaris: Can do alot of damage in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

hmm a tough one lets see,

Magneto (ha remember he led them for a short while)
    Colossus (the old throwing wolvie high trick)
    Wolverine
    Phoenix
    Bishop
    X-Man (or cable but I prefer x-man)
    Iceman
    Sunfire

I'd like to see this team as it includes people with incredably strong powers (magneto, phoenix, x-man), along with a hard hitting physical duo (wolverine, colossus), then there are the other three whose powers will help take care of any other problems.

can you just see it, magneto throws colossus and wolvie (both practically invincable, and definatly unbreakable), around making bits of whatever gets in his way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Oh they're not unbreakable :)

Have you ever seen the executioners song? Colossus gets nailed in the chest and ends up nearly cut in two. He can't go back to human form for ages while he heals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

really? would like to have seen that. hmm maybe jugernaut, nah ill stick with what I have.

hey would onslaught count him being Xavir (& magneto??) an all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by Unpossible
    hey would onslaught count him being Xavir (& magneto??) an all?
    No he wasn't an X-man when he turned into Onslaught, sorry.

Advertisement