Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just got banned from Soccer its a Joke

Options
  • 30-05-2004 11:01pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I cant get on to the soccer forum so I think they banned me wich is a Joke,they did not even tell me I just cant log in.I posted a bit of light harted fun and put at the top "this is just a bit of fun".It seems to me that the Mods dont like what I posted and belive me it was not bad,I was just trying to get some football talk going and trying to have a bit of crack.Now I dont no what used to go on in the soccer fourm before it got closed up but I ask the Mod who banned me (if they have the balls) to tell me what I said to get me kicked out.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

guess where else your gonna get banned from?

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

As far as I know they should have PM'ed you informing you of the reason. If not, you can always ask via PM, but be nice, for worse punishment has been known to follow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

flogen,....I dont no were....?I am just trying to find out why I cant get in....

Sounds like you did something similar last week and were warned, then you repeated the trick and got banned. Least that's what I can pick up from it...

Edit: Quote from Talla (soccer mod): "For god sake Dub13, you were warned on Friday. Dub13 banned for a week."

do what bugler says, PM the mods.

If you look at the forum, you'll see that you were banned because of your 'soccer friends' thread, which you didnt say anything about it being a laugh, it was just stupid.

You were warned before, and talla replied in the friends thread saying 'dub banned for a week', which seems enough to me.

And I was talking about After Hours, something tells me monty doesnt want this kind of crap on his forum, its not allowed in B/S, what made you think here was any different?

Flogen

• Advertisement

If I am banned do they tell you or not....also is it for good or 30 days or what.

Its a sad day when you cant have a laugh on a football message board.I was not here before soccer was closed so how am I to no that the people in there are like kids and cant take a joke.

flogen,thanks for that you see I cant get into soccer to see if I was banned so now I no and I also no its just for a week so its not that bad.

Come on I seen that and thought it was funny...did nobody else...?something like that should not cause a storm.

Also sorry about posting this here I did not no were to post it and after a while I picked here.Sorry if it should not be in here were should it be....?

for god sake, what are you asking me for???

Talla said 'one week' (as I have said and bulger has said).. Maybe thats now longer or shorter. How about you PM him and ask him?

Its a sad day when hard-done-by users come into irrelevant forums to tell everyone how hard-done-by they are when they infact were warned they were close to a band and are actually doing nothing to help their case (like not trolling, PMing the mod, respecting the individual forum charters etc).

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Dub13

Its a sad day when you cant have a laugh on a football message board.I was not here before soccer was closed so how am I to no that the people in there are like kids and cant take a joke.

The "old" forum was screwed up by ppl posting inane threads and generally being childish. If you're told by a mod or even another regular that it might be a good idea to "cool your heels" and keep a lower profile for a bit then it wise to do so.

Mike.

Thanks Mike I no that now and maybe they only gave me a week because I was not a pre acces user.I did not no they could get so worked up in there,as its being ok since I have been there.

• Advertisement

Friendly advice:

Delete this whole thread (Can you do that these days?)

PM Talla, apologise, assure him it won't happen again. Ask if there's any chance you could get back in earlier than a week. If not, no problem :)

Enjoy the rest of your time and the rest of the forums here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Dub13
    Thanks Mike I no that now and maybe they only gave me a week because I was not a pre acces user.I did not no they could get so worked up in there,as its being ok since I have been there.

Since the board was re-opened I expect the mods are being very vigilant maybe too vigilant and that we the posters are being careful maybe too careful about what is written/said. But better we're all choirboys than complete tossers! :)

Mike.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Dub13, DeVore has actually advised talla to make your ban permanent until you get sponsorship in the normal way. This is the wrong forum to complain in. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement