Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just wondering what this word means?

Options
  • 30-05-2004 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

hey..i know what a player is.....pimp etc..

but what the hell is a baller?

ive heard it so much but when ive heard it...there was no implication of what it meant?anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A baller is someone who plays sports. A basketball/American football player- an athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally I think it meant someone who played basketball, but then it kind of evolved. I think it's just someone that's up for anything, has a load of money and yeah I dunno.

A look at the urban dictionary says?:
    A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.
    Another word used to describe someone who plays basketball. Can also be used to describe someone who has a large amount of money and has nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=baller&b=1

you'll find all the definations there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Opps sorry ya said that already my mistake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pigeoncrumb

Originally posted by Teddi
    hey..i know what a player is.....pimp etc..

A player...ok. someone who like goes from one person to the next, basicly someone who ****s everyone.

A pimp...someone who collects the money a prostetute makes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

He said he knew what they meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pigeoncrumb

ok, just clarifying

Advertisement