Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Solar Panel for Heating Water

Options
  • 30-05-2004 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Anyone know of any suppliers of solar panels in Ireland - I would like to get a price for how much it would cost to get a solar panel installed to heat water or is that feasible in Ireland given the climate etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

http://www.google.ie/search?q=solar+panels+water+heating&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryIE

try that google beleive its perfectly feasible didn't do it when i built my house ( now wish i had but didn't have the money) but cost has come down significantly in the last 7 years

also look at www.conrad.de - hope your germans good for price comparison, wouldn't trust an irish supplier not to rip you off it'd probaly be cheaper toi drive to germany, conrad do kits as well and a catalogue worth ordering for comparison purporses at least - good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

anybody know if it's a problem getting planning permission for solar panels? (I assume you would need to get pp)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Heat pumps tend to be cheaper to install than solar for a set energy gain - of course you will need to have adequate ground to use the heat pump.

You would need PP is the solar panels were at the front of the property or is the were excessivley large - a few window sized panels on the back roof should be OK.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement