Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mu Gendo

Options
  • 27-05-2004 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyway tell me what Mu Gen do is? Is it kickboxing or just sport points karate??

Is it popular or only in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

Mugendo means "the unlimited way"
    It's original based on trad japanese karate, but now includes more modern kickboxing style. Because it's now more kickboxing it is very popular.

I'm a member of this club, actually it's a collection of 3 clubs now!
    You'll find times and further info here;

http://gofree.indigo.ie/~mugendo/

The kids do more points style fighting, but the adults are taught more continous or full contact fighting.

Anymore questions let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

but the adults are taught more continous or full contact fighting.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Actually our club is called the Irish Mugendo Kickoxing Association(IMKA) and is one of a number of Mugendo clubs in Ireland. There are a number of different Mugendo clubs as this martial art was founded by three guys from the former Yugoslavia, Japan and Ireland. Wouldn't want to upset anyone by claiming it is the only Mugendo club. Most of the fighters in the club fight Light contact or continous. With some very good Full contact and points fighters.:ninja:

Advertisement