Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealing Mustard

Options
  • 27-05-2004 1:26am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I stole a sachet of the Heinz English Mustard from The Bleeding Horse on Camden Street just now before I left. Had it on a couple of sausages just now that I got in the chipper before I got home. I couldn't help myself but I figured I'd give them a plug here to assuage my guilt.

Not a bad bit of Mustard either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I hear they take the cost of stolen condiments out of the staffs wages.
    Looks like little Timmy won't get that operation after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Well, when I first heard TImmy wanted to be a woman, I was against it.
    But now that the decision has been taken out of his hands by ecksor's pillaging of condiments I've taken the time to setup the www.buytimmyboobs.com website.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I too have pilfered condiments in the past.

It's my secret shame.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I never knew I was surrounded by such tea leaves
    though I have heard that this is becoming such a problem these days that the Gardai have actually commissioned a special branch who dress up in civvies and infiltrate the pub scene, be careful lads, your days are numbered!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

I think its all right to take extra sachets for your own personal use,it would only be a crime if you tried to sell them on.

Most restraunts include a charge to cover the costs of people taking more sachets than they are strictly entitled to so,whilst they might feel agrieved that some people take more than their fair share,On A Personal Level,on terms of repeat trade and continued goodwill,they will more than likely turn a blind eye to your misdemeanor.

Maybe as a penance you should next time pick a less popular condiment such as Tartar Sauce to help balance up the stock levels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Why would you rob them you get so little in 1 sachet tkaes me about 5 to be fufilled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Last night at work I found where the canteen lady keeps the mustard jars.

Blingo!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Originally posted by Sarky
    Blingo!

Is this the latest trend? Wearing mustard jewellery to be "hip" and "down with it"?

/shakes zimmerframe, mutters unintelligible comment about not fighting Nazis for damn hippy layabouts.

In other news, I seem to recall a pub crawl during Freshers week in college where the idea was to rob as many condiments as possible from every pub we stopped in that served food...Needless to say, the next day involved much rummaging in coat pockets and muttering of "what the hell is that doing in there?"...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    I too have pilfered condiments in the past.

It's my secret shame.

I don't pinch condiments... but I have been known to mash them into the table of the cafe/restraunty type place before I leave.
    My favorite combo is those little squares of butter, salt, sugar & mustard all mushed together in a paste, topped off with an upside down paper cup... (the inverted cup over the quick setting paste aids an undetected get away!)
    I am the scourge of waitressess throughout Dublin city... and I have no shame!! :D

..... as an aside..... perhaps I need a new hobby?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

You coulod try abstract art with the salt. Use pepper for shading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

How could you ? With the economy as delicately balanced as it is you'd think people would take more care with what they pilfered. I hope that mustard tastes as bitter as i feel right now..

You'll be stealing jars of the stuff from Tesco's next..

Originally posted by plastic membrane
    You'll be stealing jars of the stuff from Tesco's next..

That sounds like a plan! I wonder if I can descretely smear the security guards with pilfered cheap mustard as I sneak out the door?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I dunno? Is that the kind of thing one usually does?

I was only having a larf about the stealing thing. I used to steal boxes of individually wrapped Kinder Surprise bars from Quinnsworth all the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Originally posted by ecksor
    I couldn't help myself but I figured I'd give them a plug here to assuage my guilt.

Not a bad bit of Mustard either.

Hmm thats an anagram of sausage
    Hes trying to tell us something........we must rob all of the sachets of mustard from The Bleeding Horse on Camden Street and eat them with sausages....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

mustard is made to be stolen,

that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Mustard is like air...or water...or...rainbows. You can't steal it, man, its already YOURS.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.playgroundlaw.com/cgi-bin/browse.pl?sid=2822
    The pinnacle of this practice was:
    SANDWICH: Ham & mustard on white bread.
    WITH: Beef Monster Munch (sadly no longer with us).
    DUNKED INTO: Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle.

Lloyd Grossman eats these. He told me.
    http://www.playgroundlaw.com/cgi-bin/browse.pl?sid=174
    Sachets of tomato ketchup from the canteen made excellent 'collectibles' for a while. At five pence each, it was an inexpensive hobby, and admirably pure - we did not tolerate brown sauce or vinegar sachets. They simply don't count, I mean, don't even go there. At its peak, the hobby resulted in people giving up on meals so they could buy more sachets of tomato ketchup.

People with particularly large hoards (say, a locker full) would be accorded chin-stroking respect, except from those who didn't collect five pence ketchup sachets, who would stare at us with well-fed, condescending eyes. But who cares what they thought, those non-tomato-ketchup-collecting losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Originally posted by Dathai
    Hmm thats an anagram of sausage
    Hes trying to tell us something........we must rob all of the sachets of mustard from The Bleeding Horse on Camden Street and eat them with sausages....

Damn observant fecker. How did you notice that? Do you spend your time on boards looking for anagrams?

Originally posted by funky penguin
    Damn observant fecker. How did you notice that? Do you spend your time on boards looking for anagrams?
    Maybe he's dyslexic? (a lot :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Tonight, I may be unable to resist the temptation to "borrow" a whole jar of Colman's English from the canteen.

I mean, they have a dozen unopened jars of the stuff, it's not like they'll notice one, right?

Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Not sure if this fits in the topic but I know a guy who used to steal huge wads of paper serviettes from our local chipper coz it saved him buying bog roll. They copped it eventually and stopped putting dispensers full of them on the counter. I don't know what he wipes with now but I dread to think...

Originally posted by duridian
    Not sure if this fits in the topic but I know a guy who used to steal huge wads of paper serviettes from our local chipper coz it saved him buying bog roll.
    Used to work in a chipper (for about 3 weeks, 15 years ago). A guy came in drunk one night and demanded a "sloppy" burger... and proceeded to take about 100 large napkins.

Then one day BK were using toilet roll for napkins. I asked for my money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by Victor
    using toilet roll for napkins. I asked for my money back.

Ahh the circle of life.

Originally posted by Victor
    Then one day BK were using toilet roll for napkins. I asked for my money back.

Why? Whats the problem? You do know what burgers are made from.....
    ..... don't you?? :ninja:

heh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I always steal some extra mustard for my hot dogs :) Hmmmmmm Hot Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I poured laxative into a milk container in Bewleys....Then one day I went into a McDonalds toilet and pissed all over the stall..... because they had no mustard for me to steal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Originally posted by Kêrmêttê
    Why? Whats the problem? You do know what burgers are made from.....
    ..... don't you?? :ninja:

heh :p

LOL! Yeah but you don't need that good a reminder :)

Advertisement